New pb

DJMCJERICO

Peter

Theres a few from our area who go down to Grafton Mere where theres cats in to about the 30lb mark, certainly a few in the 20-30lb range to make it interesting, some coming out on fish based boilies some on whole squid

Peter

Theres a few from our area who go down to Grafton Mere where theres cats in to about the 30lb mark, certainly a few in the 20-30lb range to make it interesting, some coming out on fish based boilies some on whole squid

Hi Brian,

Yes there is Cats in Grafton & to a good size. Also I think the Willows just outside of York has them as well.

Trouble is, He'll not entertain anymore than dawn to dusk fishing at Grafton, & having fished the place quite a lot as I use it for my organised trips, I've never seen more than two Cats come out in a day & to be truthful these were Kittens of around 2lb. Certainly not disputing the Cats are in there to a good size but I have limited time & a rather larger stock of Cats are needed to make my time viable.

Incidentally, I am reliably :rolleyes: informed that he's removed a number of the Cats from Grafton & stocked them elsewhere...hhmmmm.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

I've heard the same

The new syndicate lake he has is the venue that I got told they're in now, but as you rightly say the no night fishing rule is a bit of a blow unless you're prepared to pay the syndicate fees.

Prior to all this there was a habit of the owner accepting and pre booking more anglers than he had pegs for and it meant anglers turning up that bit late after opening were disapointed as they could'nt get on the water. Bit of a kick in the nuts if you'd pre booked and driven any distance to get there

Prior to all this there was a habit of the owner accepting and pre booking more anglers than he had pegs for and it meant anglers turning up that bit late after opening were disapointed as they could'nt get on the water. Bit of a kick in the nuts if you'd pre booked and driven any distance to get there

:lol::lol::lol: So true Brian!!!

Last year I booked the entire lake for the works annual outing, everything went swimmingly until a group of 6 anglers turned up to fish, he'd overbooked & they weren't happy.

As luck would have it he turned up shortly after & I could get back to catching Carp!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.