Cookers

Bonzo

I have started to fish 1,2 & 3 nighters this year and currentley have a single burner gas stove, trouble is the gas runs out quite quickly :wallbash: as I like to brew up often and was wondering if anyone can recomend a decent cooker/stove gas petrol I dont really mind

just one more cast then I'am off home

I use the Primus Omnifuel which runs on most types of fuel including aviation fuel. The first time i used it was on a 6 day/night sesh and 3 quids worth of petrol lasted me for the session and that was brewing and cooking,

It's not a cheap stove but it's well worth the money.

Coleman dual fuel (petrol) stoves are brilliant, I've got a single and a double burner. As for burn times I think Coleman claim upto SIX hours on one tank full of fuel (approx 1 pint on single and 1.5pints on double) so would've thought that would get you through even a 3 day session. If not you can buy a special fuel bottle to take a refill with you. Suggest you use plastic gloves when filling (and priming) though cos fingers can get smelly and not exactly a good smell to put all over your baits!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Colemans are OK and cheap to run, but they can be problematic. Running on unleaded petrol they slowly clog up - I've had 3 I think in about 6 years.

I've moved on to a gas cooker by "go gas" and the gas cannisters last me a week or so of constant use. They are more expensive to run but you don't need to mess about with petrol. They can burn slow in extremely cold weather if the gas can is getting low, but apart from that they are great and convenient.

Rob.

Rob

Did you ever try using a couple of shots of Redex in your fuel when using your Colemans? It really does help stop the jets clogging up and extend the life of the stove.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Rob

Did you ever try using a couple of shots of Redex in your fuel when using your Colemans? It really does help stop the jets clogging up and extend the life of the stove.

Tony

I put a few squirts of lighter fuel in mine everytime I fill it up.

Belive it does the same thing as redex.

Colemans are also very powerfull and boil my small kettle in approx 2 mins.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Rob

Tony

Tony,

No is the simple answer. I did originally use only coleman fuel until it went stupidly expensive. I have also heard super unleaded is better. I prefer the ease now of gas as I don't like getting petrol on my hands when fishing.

Rob.

I still use my Colemans feather weight multi fuel for my trips but always fill it before I fish. I do not do much more than overnighters anymore.

I still find Colemans fuel more economical than gas though but you are right the price shot up especially after they stopped doing the 1 liter cans.

My two burner rarely gets used these days after we gave up camping and bought a caravan, that uses gas.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I will have a look at the go gas one first.

just one more cast then I'am off home