bait for chub

merlino     bill

OI OI,

looking for some different bait's for still water chub, any ideas anyone never fished this place before so dont know the size or depth of them ( 3 lakes ) im off to fish them this friday up carslile a place called weatherhall if you know it & fished it great if not, could you just suggest bait's for them please.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Well i was fishing a lake on Sat and caught 2 chub one a monster 5lb fish all caught on groundbait feeder fished to an island with meat on the hook

Pygocentrus Piraya

Stillwater chub are often more predatory than their river cousins. I've had a lot of success in the past with deadbaits, especially whitebait. Indeed, the first article I ever got paid on was entitled "Chub on Whitebait". Unlike freshwater deadbaits whitebait are very unlikely to attract perch. The only downside is that carp adore them!

You can buy whitebait cheaply from your local fishmonger at about £2 per/lb. The individually blast-frozen ones are the ones to go for, rather than the blocks. The latter contain whitebait that are on the small side, plus when thawed out they're rather soft and don't stay on the hook that well.

The blast-frozen ones are typically about 3 inches long, and I use them still frozen on a size 8 hook, hooking them in through an eye and out through the top of the head.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Whitebait are the fry of sprats and herrings.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

OI OI,

i was thinking waggler & maggot spray seph, now groundbait feeder never fished it before so dont know about island's but do know there is overhanging trees & bushes in the margin's (so i was told) so maybe worth a feeder under or around them big tinca yes, now then white-fish dont know anything about this BUT if you got paid for writing about it steve is there anything i can read on A.N. or not.

many thank's for ALL advice we are (3 of us) hoping its as good as the stories weve herd 3 cameras packed so whatch this space, once again cheer's

BILL

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

i was thinking waggler & maggot spray seph, now groundbait feeder never fished it before so dont know about island's but do know there is overhanging trees & bushes in the margin's (so i was told) so maybe worth a feeder under or around them big tinca yes, now then white-fish dont know anything about this BUT if you got paid for writing about it steve is there anything i can read on A.N. or not.

many thank's for ALL advice we are (3 of us) hoping its as good as the stories weve herd 3 cameras packed so whatch this space, once again cheer's

BILL

if its carp fished regularly mate, then i would go with boillies. chub love em on moving or stillwater.

Maple 8 i have found particularly good

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

I would fish the waggler and spray it with maggots.

Put half your maggots in a small amount of water about an hour before you fish and some will float and some will sink slowly, pick the floaters for the hook and fish a waggler set up on the drop the floaters on the hook will counter balance the weight of the hook and sink slowly fooling the Chub. :yeah:

atb

malc