Canon Demonstration Day - Sheffield

Cameraman

Canon are holding a demo day at Harrison Cameras, Sheffield on Sat 17th June from 1000 to 1600.

Maybe of interest to anyone localish to Sheff.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what a waste of a morning! Arrived just before 1000 to find quite a few there already, chatted to fellow enthusiats for around 1 hour waiting for the Canon rep. When he eventually bothered to show, he said he wasn't there to demonstrate cameras, shop staff could do that. He was there to 'show' things to people, then tried to sell us small pocket sized digitals, and printers. Although willing to show off the pictures he had taken himself he wasn't willing to demonstrate this with the 5D or even 30D. He dissmissed the 20D as being "out of date now". Amazingly we were offered up to £25 off if we bought today, not bad when several people(3 actually) had said they were seriously thinking of purchasing on the day a 5D current retail £1900. He also mentioned that the 5D could be replaced as early as Xmas with a Mk 2, so no encouragement to buy now then. I didn't mention that I use the 300D, that would probably have been classed as an antique.

Lovely sunny day, and I could have been out side, fishing, taking pictures or even washing the car, and I never even got to see the 5D close up, they (it) was locked behind glass. No 30D on display, to even drool over.

If you havn't guessed, I still have my money and will part with it another time

Oh well I've had my moan now, thats life, better luck next time. At least he wasn't pushy. LOL :rolleyes:

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Well, what a waste of a morning! Arrived just before 1000 to find quite a few there already, chatted to fellow enthusiats for around 1 hour waiting for the Canon rep. When he eventually bothered to show, he said he wasn't there to demonstrate cameras, shop staff could do that. He was there to 'show' things to people, then tried to sell us small pocket sized digitals, and printers. Although willing to show off the pictures he had taken himself he wasn't willing to demonstrate this with the 5D or even 30D. He dissmissed the 20D as being "out of date now". Amazingly we were offered up to £25 off if we bought today, not bad when several people(3 actually) had said they were seriously thinking of purchasing on the day a 5D current retail £1900. He also mentioned that the 5D could be replaced as early as Xmas with a Mk 2, so no encouragement to buy now then. I didn't mention that I use the 300D, that would probably have been classed as an antique.

Lovely sunny day, and I could have been out side, fishing, taking pictures or even washing the car, and I never even got to see the 5D close up, they (it) was locked behind glass. No 30D on display, to even drool over.

If you havn't guessed, I still have my money and will part with it another time

Oh well I've had my moan now, thats life, better luck next time. At least he wasn't pushy. LOL :rolleyes:

Good info re. 5D MKll Cameraman - I'll wait to see the changes/modifications before making up my mind about buying one - if I'm not impressed with the changes/modifications, I'll wait for the 3D.

As Charlie says, good info if your in the market for a 5d, or even thinking about it...but

Isn't this a wasted event on Canon's behalf, they must surely know their market and that people would have been expecting more than was given today? A demonstration day was billed so photographers naturally expected a demonstration, an assumption that it would include the 30d is one I too would have adopted, maybe show this then the pocket digi's perhaps, or do I expect too much?

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet