Trying out new Camera at zoo..

Eatlard

Had a lovely day Saturday at Drusillas Zoo Park. Not normally my kind of thing but as we were lent some kids for the day I thought I'd try out my new Nikon D50 with the Sigma 70-300 lense.

I'm pretty new to this but took around 160 photos. I've attached a few I liked best. I post the otter picture, not because it was good but because this was taken through rather smeared glass windows, as were many other photos and I still got some reasonable shots. If the glass puts you off normally I'd say forget that! take the camera anyway.

Oh and every one was hand held. I can post more details of each if anyone is interested. I was rather playing with settings so it could be all over the place :)

Constructive criticism always welcomed.

No idea what this first one is.

beastie.jpg

Followed by

otter.jpg

I really liked the eye detail on this next one -

Flamingo.jpg

And just had time to snap this - although it's only half in sun I was pleased with the outcome..

sparrow.jpg

Edited to add the Meerkat

meerkat.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Steve Randles

All good shots, but only the first loads for me, I have to click on the links for the rest. Could do with resizing for full screen viewing, instead of having to scroll.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Cameraman,

Resized as suggested :)

The first image is the only one that loads for me also, not sure if theres some restriction on the site or not, I linked them all in the same way.

I'll see if I can work out what's going on there

I think the first one is a Yellow Mongoose. If you post it on Non-Fishing I'm sure someone will confirm or refute my identification. :rolleyes:

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Those pics are great how do you get them so big in the posting mine only ever come up as thum nails?

Those pics are great how do you get them so big in the posting mine only ever come up as thum nails?

crop%20060.jpg

AAHHAAAAA Like that

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

• 3 weeks later...