Southend Pier

DJMCJERICO

Anybody fished it or heard how it’s fishing lately?

I'm hoping to fish the afternoon tide on Thursday and was wondering how other people had got on!

It's about peak time for the bass, mullet and mackerel, but as you can't fish the end is there any sport from the huts?

I’m not really interested in flattie bashing!

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

I know of a 4lb bass caught from the stem last week, and anouther caught from the old gass works jetty thats about half a mile east of the pier.

I did like to fish live pout from the end section and have caught bass to 7lb doing so, but I havnt the confidence to try the stem in this way.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I'm going to put a trap down when I get there and if I get any peelers I’m going to use them, if I get any pout while waiting then I’ll give it a go.

Will also be having a crack with the lure rod with one of Snatchers sand eel fly’s on the end, iv been waiting for the weather to warm up to give these a go, hopefully I’ll get some fun on them!

I’ll report back god or bad tomorrow.

Some good news anyway, the free local paper came through the door today and it seems that the end will be accessible by about august and even said it will be ready for fisherman, although I wouldn’t of mind letting the end have a break for a year ;)

Cheers

IPB Image

Gars Gars Gars galore, a bit of sport on a light lure rod, 2 mackys came out friday but not to me, hopefully they will never come in and it will save dodging flying leads and getting tangled :schmoll:

Had a rod out with whole peeler on both thursday and friday but not a sniff!

Back down there in a mo :)

Cheers

IPB Image