Pike Anglers Club Membership Offer

Elton

Many thanks Den! if CAC can forgive me then I should realy try to forgive the PAC!

Dont worry Mark my pike season doesnt start till much later in the year so there is still a chance I will join!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Den! if CAC can forgive me then I should realy try to forgive the PAC!

Dont worry Mark my pike season doesnt start till much later in the year so there is still a chance I will join!

Budgie

Do it now you know you want to.

Lots of issues out there, we need your voice.

John Cahill

PAC Membership Secretary

www.pacgb.co.uk

Blimey John that was quick, I got my membership card today and the two editions of Pikelines - thanks, looks good! :thumbs:

Paul

Blimey John that was quick, I got my membership card today and the two editions of Pikelines - thanks, looks good! :thumbs:

Paul

No problem glad to have you in the PAC.

May Pikelines will follow shortly

John

BTW Live baiting is now gone in Scotland & fishing is banned on Abberton Res.

If you pike fish we need you guys (& gals)

www.pacgb.co.uk

"The PAC is launching a special extended membership offer to celebrate the start of the season."

Does not the PAC advocate not fishing for pike until the autumn, depending on the water/angling pressure. I believe its one of their recommendations, so what's this 'start of the season' bit?

Edited by wearyone

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

"The PAC is launching a special extended membership offer to celebrate the start of the season."

Does not the PAC advocate not fishing for pike until the autumn, depending on the water/angling pressure. I believe its one of their recommendations, so what's this 'start of the season' bit?

Start of season (June 16th) refers to start of season on those waters not open all year.

PAC position is this (Press release June 12th)

PAC URGES SUMMER PIKERS: LOOK AFTER ESOX

June 12, 2006

With the new river fishing season about to get under way, the Pike Anglers Club is calling for people to fish responsibly for Britain's top predator. "Pike are easily damaged by poor handling at any time but at this time of the year there is an added risk when oxygen levels in the water are low," said PAC chairman Colin Goodge.

"For this reason many of our members choose not to fish for pike in summer but we also recognise there are anglers who do, particularly with lures.

"We would appeal to anyone to think carefully before they go out: Is my tackle strong enough to land a fish quickly, especially in weedy water..? "Do I have the right tools to hand to unhook a pike quickly to minimise the amount of time it spends out of the water..?

"And extra care should exercised when bait fishing, with good bite indication and prompt striking the keys to avoiding deep-hooked fish.

"This is particularly important for those who may choose to pursue other species, such as zander, over the warmer months, on waters which also contain pike."

The PAC is urging all predator anglers to follow its code of conduct, which can be viewed at www.pacgb.co.uk.

Fair reply John. I promise the next time Ive saved some dosh from my Sickness Benifit some is ear marked for you guys.

Just cant take the ear bashing from Messers Bishop,Hammond and Barratt any longer! :cc_surrender::D

Fair reply John. I promise the next time Ive saved some dosh from my Sickness Benifit some is ear marked for you guys.

Just cant take the ear bashing from Messers Bishop,Hammond and Barratt any longer! :cc_surrender::D

Traitor! After what you told me Budgie and I am really disspointed to you after the PAC have handle with you after all these years Budgie and I can see this happen trying to worm your way back ninto the club! :uhuh::nono:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Thing is bruv although I havnt been entirely happy with some of the PAC goings on in the past when I analyse it closely the problems have been more with individuals in the clubs management.

The club in its early years did a lot for all pikers (members or not) by greatly changing the world in generals attitude to pike.Without the truely august work carried out by the initial lights in the club we could still be in the days of chucking pike up the bank,standard practice deep hooking,pike culls and other poor "anti pike" fishery management policies.This initial crusade to "put pike back" etc really focused the club and the right people were at the helm.

Sadly (IMO) this focussed nature dissapeard to an extent once the battle was percieved as won.Several times the wrong people had control and made the wrong decissions for the wrong reasons.The main one being "self advancement".I unfortunately was "deep enough" into the pike scene at the time to witness the things that caused me to become anti PAC.

I have decided to gice the PAC another go as it was all a long time ago .Allthough several of the people who caused my disenchantment are still members I think their true colours are known to most and they wont ever be in a position to abuse the club and its members in such a way again.

I have a lot of respect for the new committee members that I "know" wether we agree on all aspects of piking or not.In the past when we have disagreed we have been able to discuss the issue in an adult,friendly and above all constructive way.None have ever took the "Im PAC so whatever I say is right" stance that several in the past have.They are all predator anglers of experience and not people under a "flag of convienience".

Above all they all realise that there are a lot of BIG issues facing pike fishing at the moment and above all the "battle" is far from won.

Before Iwas able to keep my distance,try and put back into piking what little I could through my Teach Ins and the likes, with a clear consiense. Now I feel that it is time to put the past behind me.It wouldnt be right for me to do otherwise if I care.

If my stance has ever influenced you or anyone else then I would urge you all to reconsider as well.

If my stance has ever influenced you or anyone else then I would urge you all to reconsider as well.

What for? As there is not a local region in my area for me unless I go to the Solihull & Warwickshire region and what is these privileged access events on some fantastic waters which aren't normally open to pike anglers? I bet the prices are sky high in order to get one!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/