Camp Site fishing West Highlands

seamoor

Hi seamoor i fish the west coast quite alot .we usualy just park and pitch were ever we are fishing at ,not sure of Scourie, where is it close to !!!

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

the whole of the west is fishable and campable, cos there is nothing else there just watch out for the locals, bunch of inbreeds!! :D im joking by the way!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

There is a campsite in Scourie right by the water (see link below)

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/scou...urie/index.html

There are also campsites near the shore at the following;

Oldshoremore NW of Kinlochbervie

Clactoll and Achmelvich NW of Lochinver http://www.clachtollbeachcampsite.co.uk/

Achnahaird NE of Achiltibuie.

[ 08. March 2005, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: A Worm On One End........ ]

i went up the west coast on a fishing reckie last summer and there are camp sites all over some are offical caravan club jobs and others that farmers rent when the cows and sheep on them. i wouldnt worry at all about just going up there on the day and finding a site close by quite quickly

if not like blind dog said camp were you like there no worrys about finding a nice spot that people probably havent even walked on.

have fun

campsites at scourie stoer and durness, A word of warning MIDGES, if you havnt met them before look out. You willnot believe the danage such a small insect can do!!!!!!! get plenty of jungle forula and anti histimine cream. some insect repelent coils are good but watch the fire risk. There is some of the best wild brown trout fishing in the world in the area, if you want some venues give me a shout. Good luck !!!!

Norrie:

Norrie:

campable,

William, I am seriously getting worried about you mate...... :D:D
:D cheeky sod!

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

From seamoor

Thanks everyone, will try the sites you said before we go. Will let you know how we get on and don't worry about the polar bears, we take our own with us.

Jim Doyle, would like to know some areas or Brown Trout, we nearly always sea fish but would like some other fishing