defra annoucement on SFC's

, spending the next months years/complaining that this is not anglers prefered model will be fruitless and will ultimately lead to a less constructive dailogue as the Marine Bill will have been developed.

By the same token, if this government fail to deliver anything that will benefit sea angling, they need to be told that we are not happy. Just quietly making do with any measures they put in place regardless of whether they benefit us, just so we can keep talking, will be equally as fruitless. So far we've got nothing, and personally I think the writing is now on the wall, and we'll end up with nothing. So I can't see that the dialogue that we've had so far has been that constructive.

Lets forget historic prejudices and work to ensure our needs are better addressed in future through this reformed organisation.

Reformed organisation? Where's that then? Have I missed something?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Now Leon you are being deliberately provocative, the minister said the legislation that the SFCs were working with was archiac not the organisations per se.

I was merely quoting from Bradshaw's words as reported in the Telegraph!

(as indicated by putting it in quotation marks - follow the link)

"He said the committees, which are dominated by commercial interests, were "archaic"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../28/nfish28.xml

If the reporter got it wrong, and misquoted the minister, do you have a record of his actual wording Marine Bill?

If so, could you pm it to me please.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The committee's are archaic as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see county councillors removed from them and replaced by people who are experts in their field. At least then important decisions would be made on hard facts by those qualified to make them, instead of on emotional claptrap and bullshit by those that are not.

Leaving SFC's as they are, but giving them extra responsibilities under the modernisation tag, is a cop out.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest binatone
Will they be employing some unbiased and objective officers who dont take a pint with the fishermen on an evening and try to police them the next day ?

Maybe glenk it would be better if you just withdrew the allegation that your earlier statement was insinuating? Did not an officer in the Whitby area have an active part in bringing forth a prosecution on his own brother?

Think statements like the one you made there glen where misleading, don’t you? Or again as you take no active part in these matters, is it that again you have been misled?

LOAD MORE SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

It's fun to read between the lines.

It would be if what was there wasn't so depressing. I've done a bit of reading between the lines myself and here's what I came up with.

The government/Bradshaw have bowed to pressure from the Association of Sea Fisheries Committees on the issue of the future inshore fisheries management. The government/Bradshaw will also have bowed to pressure from them, and the rest of the commercial sector, on the Bass MLS issue and that's why we'll end up with a 2cm increase from 36cm to 38cm.

Don't drink and drive.