Tywyn Tope This W/E

nifty

Bad news martin - my email computer has been er, um, "played with" by Alistair. Somehow he has managed to delete my email account and as that was the only computer linked to it - NO, I can't get email on this one even though I can get the internet - something to do with the security that was setup on the email! I am now email less - can't get any jobs in, can't send stories out. Bit of bugger - and I can't email you the pics so you'll have to PM me with an address to sedn a CD!

Pics are great with martins rod hooped over in a massive arc, then in the water and alongside. He had it by the tail on a bream rig which is how it managed to withstand the ravages of the tope. We managed to get it in, come the end - what Martin forget to say was that while he was playing this one he had another pick up his tope bait! With two fish on at once I up-anchored and paddled over to take the second rod off him before they got in an almighty tangle. We lost the second fish before I got the rod though. Having got there I stayed around and did my best to get in the way and cut the fish off with my paddle - no good. It was firmly attached!

Got her measured and tagged - the chart says 28lbs. The she went back after being revived alongside the yak. Having been dragged backwards through the tide for a long time it was good to see her swim away strongly and on an even keel.

Richi's that we tagged was between 33lbs and 36lbs. (57" - 58").

We are having my spidercrab tonight - bloody fantastic it is. Nice bottle of Chateau Grillet to go with it.

As for tope - I had a blnk. Caught bass, bream, bull huss, doggies.

George came out with us and had a couple of doggies and then went after mackerel with a string of shrimps. Caught severel that went on the BBq back at HQ.

Great weekend despite no tope and as for Martin's, well that has to be one of the feats to go in the annals - a tope on a bream rig! Have you recovered yet Martin?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could post the pics on here Simon--or the best ones!---pleeeaase :help:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Great report guy's

I'm not jealous at all :P

It sounds like the males have moved in finally. Should be good numbers for a few weeks.

I am off this weekend and I have a pass of the F.P.O is anyone thinking of going there??, if not how about some details on launch location and long lat co-ordinates for the mark that you are catching from.

Simon who are you tagging for? is it the U.S.T.P, Dr. Ken Collins?

GB

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

GB - yes the Shark Tagging project at SOTON university. I have been on the shark tagging project for bout 25 years - it used to be sponsored by Ballantines whiskey and run by the Shark Angling Club of GB - Dad's charter boat was one of the registered tagging vessels. When Ballantines dropped out and Sue & jeri took up the mantle I was on their list and now with Ken and his team. With the new Scotish regulation coming on stream it is good news for the sporting sharks around our waters. We need as much information on them as possible and as much protection as we can muster. Like the bass, I have a strong feeling about the conservation of our sharks.

Richi - I am allowed to post ONE picture, then I get my limit and get cut off. If someone would tell me why and how I will post more - Elton has not responded to my requests for help - sorry, I will clarify that, my RECENT requests for help.

I think all the admin staff are fed up of bailing out this incompetent!

Those who think this computer lark is easy are deranged. You should all be put in straight jackets. Quadratic equations and spherical trigonometry - now they are easy!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Must admit Simon it was the longest and brutalist fight I have ever had from a fish ( ex wife comes a close second ;) 12lb line and a light spinning rod just added to the experience! I reckon the fish took the bait but then got tangled up in the trace. Just glad it appeared to go back ok , which is more than can be said for my arms which are stiffer than you can imagine ooooerrr :) . You lads would really love this mark which as richie would say '' I've had six species today'' if the Tope dont come out to play , and only a short paddle.

Took a few bream on sunday and had them tonight with new potatoes and peas - now thats what I call priceless!!

Might be able to manage a Thursday / Friday if anyones up for it - work permitting!!

Ok Prowler 13

ill be at tywyn thursday to sat if other ppl will be there i desperate to catch a bass on me new fly gear i spent 250 quid in the end so i wanna justify it lol also i wanna try lures also

of course i wanna catch a tope too :D

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

HF,

Had 9 bass on the fly over the weekend at one stage I was getting a fish a cast, Solent mark :D just couldn't manage that 10th though.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

HF,

Had 9 bass on the fly over the weekend at one stage I was getting a fish a cast, Solent mark :D just couldn't manage that 10th though.

SM :)

Starvin,

Having tried bait,lures and now fly for bass,would you say you catch more on the fly(9 bass is pretty good by any ones standard)or is it just the sporting aspect or both that appeals?

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Just a word of warning for anyone contemplating future Tope adventures - wear a long sleeve top if youre going to bring them onboard. The beastie grazed my arm to pieces and salt water only adds to the effect :blink: Trousers as opposed to shorts are an obvious advantage :yeah:

Ok Prowler 13