Bassing in the I.o.M.

Manxman

I have a location that I sussed out many years ago, a tiny sandy bay enclosed by two rocky headlands. I have kept the location to myself and have only met one angler there in all the time I fished it, and he was over here on his holiday.

This spot is a guaranteed Bass mark, but only one hour before and one hour after high water, the fish just arrive and disappear I spent many hours learning that.

Anyway last night HW was at 20:30 with an offshore breeze nearly perfect, after a mile and a half hike I arrived and was soon tackled up with an Alie Magnet on the business end. Nothing for the first half an hour, that’s the trouble with being to eager and getting there too early.

First Bass came at 19:40 and three more on the next three casts. In all I had eleven varying from 3:5 Lbs to the best which would have made 6:0 Lbs.

I returned ten and kept one about 4:0 Lbs which will be on the barby tonight.

Tonight’s tide is at 21:30, so the sun should be off the water by the time I arrive making it perfect, can’t wait

I read a post on here recently about keeping marks secret, well I’m sure you other Bass anglers will understand why I’m keeping this spot on the secret list

You are such a tease John

I am now studying the maps - knowing what direction the wind was yesterday is a starting point I suppose ...

I don't blame you for keeping it quiet - I do the same myself after putting in countless hours experimenting.

[ 02. July 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: manxfisher ]

damn u lol i have a secret place 2 :) the 1st time i went there i caught a 4 lb 8oz bass :)

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hi john

good to hear that you are getting a few spikies,tried at glen moar tonight but the wind was too much! plenty of cod yesterday of psm, had thirty cod to 6lb so not a bad day, how did you get on out on the florence? hope all went well.

will be round for a chat.

Didn't realise you back from Ireland boy,

we had a look at the Florence and it was full of pout, went out to the Manchester over slack water for a conger, only dogs, called at the Grinder on the way in and had a few nice Calig, saved the day really.

Fished Jurby last week plenty of Tope, but better results were had further up at the Lhen.

Give us a shout to arrange something boat wise for Tynwald day.

Well done Manxman. When you up the Mull next? I am up this Friday for the weekend and plan to go bassing Sat am at high water.

Did you pick up on the "large" bass that threw my popper. You should have seen the bow wave behind the lure. I was shaking like a leaf. I lost it at exactly the place where you got one John on that Sunday morning.

If everI come to the IOM for a hol I am sure you could blindfold me and take me to your secret mark

Hope to see you shortly matey

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Out in the Boat yesterday I had 9, Patrick had 1

He was using one of them ron thompson bass busters, cr@p, I was using the Old Alie Magnet.

Just back in from the same spot and being a kind sort of bloke gave Patrick an Alie Magnet.

He managed five, I had four for weighed my biggest, 7Lb 11oz.

All these bass were caught in 4/5 foot of water and brilliant sunshine

Tonight I will collect the price of the lure from him in pints of Okells methinks.

Back up on the night of Fri 29th. July for three weeks John, where you been lately haven't seen you on here?