Any one tried this puppy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried this little baby, might just have to buy one as, over here in jersey we are plagued with soft sand.

would really love to know if it works well.......

Wot is it? Do you have a link to manufacturer/supplier?

I've just ordered one of these:

ctugtrolly.jpg

Can't comment yet although as it hasn't arrived.

Edited by finn17

Kayak: Tarpon 140 Angler camo

Wot is it? Do you have a link to manufacturer/supplier?

I've just ordered one of these:

ctugtrolly.jpg

Can't comment yet although as it hasn't arrived.

No offence meant but, which Lego set is that ? ;)

I just think thats a lot of dosh for a plastic trolly, in fact all of the trolly's are well over priced considering the materials used, sorry but I like a good moan now n then. :P

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

I just think thats a lot of dosh for a plastic trolly, in fact all of the trolly's are well over priced considering the materials used, sorry but I like a good moan now n then. :P

Fair do's mate. I had to swallow very hard too. I am sure one could knock something out equally as good from a child's push-along toy. To me though, it's the difference between being able to go out anytime I feel like it on my own, or having to pester the wife to come and assist me in a venture in which she has no interest...That trolley, along with a 'one-man' Thule roof mounting system, means my life is likely to be a lot easier....

I did look at other trolleys, but most of them look like old pram spares, cost nearly as much and can't be dismantled and taken on-board like the C-Tug.

So, purely from my perspective, it's good value for money although I admit it does look like LEGO, but like LEGO it drops apart quickly which is also part of it's appeal.

EDIT: There may also be a geographical element to this. I live in Cornwall and have access to numerous launching points...all of which have nice car parks...several hundred yards away! There are very few places, in fact I can think of none, where you can drive straight to the beach. Almost all the venues I can think of will require several hundred yards of portage...hence the need for an efficient trolley, and preferably one that can be taken on board.

Edited by finn17

Kayak: Tarpon 140 Angler camo

you wouldn't be you if not mate.

I would rather wait till i find the right one, than waste money on something then find it dosn't work or you have to modify it to stop it wrecking the yak or scupper holes which allready cost ££££.

How many users are actually hand on heart happy with the trolley they bought and NEVER had to modify something allready designed, and cost money. No snipeing mate but the scupper hole trolley :yucky: costs an awfull lot for not a lot.

And all the lego users and lego land visitors can't be wrong

By the way nice to talk havent caught you on line for a while, you Must still be being kicked out of bed at 5am..

you wouldn't be you if not mate.

I would rather wait till i find the right one, than waste money on something then find it dosn't work or you have to modify it to stop it wrecking the yak or scupper holes which allready cost ££££.

How many users are actually hand on heart happy with the trolley they bought and NEVER had to modify something allready designed, and cost money. No snipeing mate but the scupper hole trolley :yucky: costs an awfull lot for not a lot.

And all the lego users and lego land visitors can't be wrong

By the way nice to talk havent caught you on line for a while, you Must still be being kicked out of bed at 5am..

as far as im concerned... a trolley which uses the scupper holes is a no go (a la the ones sold by iron stores marine).

After using one of those for a while and adding extra rubber washers so as not to damage the yak by them stupid bolts........I bought a c-tug and so far am impressed with it...not tried it over real soft sand yet though...but im yet to launch over real soft sand yet...launched from green island...seymor tower....beach by the old les arches and greve de leche (sp)..so all in all been quite good up to now :)

Edited by RayJ

as far as im concerned... a trolley which uses the scupper holes is a no go (a la the ones sold by iron stores marine).

After using one of those for a while and adding extra rubber washers so as not to damage the yak by them stupid bolts........I bought a c-tug and so far am impressed with it...not tried it over real soft sand yet though...but im yet to launch over real soft sand yet...launched from green island...seymor tower....beach by the old les arches and greve de leche (sp)..so all in all been quite good up to now :)

Same with mine RayJ them rubber washers soon started cracking leaving the yak resting on the nuts and digging into the plastic, with a little modification ala two flat square bits of hardwood drilled and put in place where the rubber washers were, for 60 quid you shouldnt have to do that not to mention the damage it had done to the yak before noticing it.

In fact anyone that has a yak cart like this keep an eye on the washers.

15mi61t.jpg

Going back to the C-Tug, I know looks can be deceiving, but you got to admit it looks well, like a toy, in this instance it would be nice to be proved wrong but I cant see it standing up to the long term abuse , but hopefully I stand to be corrected.

I know it will be priceless to you Finn with the help it provides, sorry mate I wasnt avin a go.

For all things "marine" there is a price but as soon as you add the word Kayak it doubles, which I dont mind, but as long as the stuff lasts and it's of a decent quality.

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

I bought the c-tug, and I must admit to being **** off the first time I used it.

Mainly because pulling it caused the strap to slip, no matter how tight I set it. Admittedly it was over rough muddy ground.

The solution was to push it instead, the cart has to be strapped on where the tarpon140 starts to taper at the back, so by pushing instead of pulling has the effect of keeping the strap constantly taut. It was easier too, I has an instance where one wheel became completely clogged with gloopy mud, but didnt hinder the cart.

I agree, the thought of utilising my beloved yaks scupper holes as an fixture point for a trolley is frightening, no way would I even consider that, but each to his own as they say.

Same with mine RayJ them rubber washers soon started cracking leaving the yak resting on the nuts and digging into the plastic, with a little modification ala two flat square bits of hardwood drilled and put in place where the rubber washers were, for 60 quid you shouldnt have to do that not to mention the damage it had done to the yak before noticing it.

Mmmm yeah, don't fancy yours...but I think Eckla must have updated their design since you got it because mine looks like this. Everything seems to be fairly clean and well protected with big rubber seats and the scupper arms swivel so you can get the snuggest fit. All I've done is put a bit of padding around the uprights, and then only because people were raising eyebrows and tut-tutting about potential damage to the scuppers. I've been keeping an eye on them and judging by the minimal wear on the padding, which is easily replaced, I'm not at all worried. Comes apart in seconds and stows easily in the front hatch.