My sail works

YakDiver

post-7351-1151517318_thumb.jpgHi guys

Took my kayak out for it's maiden trip with the sail, it was a force 4 and choppy and I thought will the alloy mast stand up to it, but it did and worked perfectly :yeah: .

The only thing that concerned me it was all too easy to get carried away with the sailing and have a long paddle back to the car against wind and tide as with everything else must not get too complacent.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

nice 1 Yakdiver---Woodmill Canoes in Southampton will be stocking the Pacific sail kits in the near future----watch this space for details :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Nice work YakDiver and a great colour match, makes it look like it was a factory fit :clap:

Would it be practicable to troll while sailing or do you need to concentrate on handling the yak?

The only thing that concerned me it was all too easy to get carried away with the sailing and have a long paddle back to the car against wind and tide as with everything else must not get too complacent.

A nice onshore breeze should give you a free ride home though B)

Pat. Pending

That looks smashing Yakdiver! As good as - if not better than - the Pacific Action version.

How much sail area have you got - it doesn't look as big as the PA one I have, which might make it handier. The speed of the kayak is restricted anyway, so once you are hull speed that is asmuch as you are going to get - your sail looks as though you could get a steady 4 knots out of it. Perfect!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Questions answered

Yakity Yak :- yes it is a Navigator had it now for 6-7 years now

Patrick Pending :- trolling yes it is possible, but I found that I has to pay more attention to the kayak and the wind, OK it was my first time under sail in a kayak, the other thing if you caught a fish you would have to lower the sail very quickly and having all the ropes and sail flapping around, may loose the fish. Until I get confident with the sail I will just keep it as a fun thing.

Simon Everett :- my sail came just over one sq. metre, half a metre short of the PA ones, the main reason the masts came right pass my seat and I thought I may have trouble paddling the mast length is 1.7 metres.

As for speed it was going faster than I could have paddled that is for sure, I wish I had taken my GPS with me to find out what it did, maybe next time.

Now when is Cowes week................ :)

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?