Free Fishing

Elton

Posted on behalf of Mike - please add any replies here:

I have a couple of kids who want to fish occasionally, and i would like to know of any free canal or river fishing area's on the Leicestershire/ Derbyshire border near to the A50??.

I note that most are tied to angling associations.

Any help, much appriciated.

Thanks.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

im in leicester but never ventured that far to fish if you need some rivers to fish near to the centre of leicester then pm me

theres a free fishing section at trent lock at sawley/long eaton down lock lane off tamworth road go to the very end of the lane to the carpark behind the pub and you fish right outside the navigation pub on the concrete steps near the moorings.

although the fishing here is free don't forget your licence !

directions:

from junction 24a [m1] take the A50 to junction (1!) then take the road on the right the B6540 to long eaton and about 2 miles you'll pass under the M1 and pass sawley marina on your right before you cross the trent and about 1mile past the bridge you'll see a Kams garage and you take the next right into lock lane follow this to the end where theres a carpark (you'll have to walk the last 20 yards or so through the gate at the side of the pub (eitherside will do) walk through the beergarden to the river,theres about 50 yards of solid ground (concrete embankment) that runs from the right of the pub frontage around to the confluence of the erewash canal (entrance) and the river trent opersite the steamboat pub (yes two pubs within 30yards of each other),it can be hard to find purchase for your banksticks due to the concreate bank (steps) most people use a chair/box with attachments like a feeder arm or extra long bankstick pushed into the riverbed off the bottom step but it's still a bit hard and rocky and about 3-4ft deep in the edge,theres plenty off silvers to be had and the off chance of a barbel plus lots of chub,the erewash canal is fishable from there right up to sandiacre lock about 10 miles of bank right through long eaton for a £6 season ticket from Bridge tackle

Bridge Tackle

(on the road bridge)

30 Derby Rd,

Long Eaton

Nottingham,

NG10 1PD

0115 972 8338

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Yup give old Aubrey a ring at bridge tackle he'll help you out bless his little cotton socks 0115 972 8338

P.s jusy remembered a couple of carpy day ticket waters if ya get desperate there one in a little village just off the m1 called hemington and then theres 1 at a pub called coopers arms if there any help.

Nice to get a follow-up:

Hello Elton,

Can you post a thank you to all those who replied to my question.

Some useful information there, and i will pay Aubrey a visit to see if there are any other places in the area.

And thanks again for taking the time to reply and post.

Best Wishes,

Mike.

Another satisfied visitor - well done, everyone.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE