Wordbender - Good Luck!

Elton

Wordbender the seaweed is called "Sorbsan or Aquacell Ag" the ag bit is silver which is good for fighting infections!!!!

and it also means you can go in the bath or shower each day before the nurse visits ...the packing will or should just drop out ...less painful for you....

Spot-on as ever, Nursey.

I'm packed full of Sorbsan and that bath before the re-packing job is an absolute essential. Sadly, the packing doesn't just fall out - it's inserted with a probe after all :yucky: - but I'm sure it'll get easier in time.

I have to say that, as someone with a previously high pain tolerance (I re-straightened my own compound arm fracture without so much as an Asprin) this pilonidal business is beyond my limit by quite a bit. So, Judy or anyone else with medical know-how, why is it so stupidly painful?

Lastly, my admiration and appreciation of District Nurses and their colleagues now knows no bounds. You are officially superstars and then some. :yeah:

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies

How is Morris doing through all your trials, Terry. Is he driving your missus crazy???

BTW: Hope this gets sorted out soon. Any projection on how long your suffering will continue?

Terry,

One of my mates has had this for a number of years now and he's had at least three or four ops on it and none of them have really done the trick. I hope yours is a little more 'user friendly' and heals up soon.

ATB,

Rob.

Any projection on how long your suffering will continue?

Oh, Morris could live for years yet, Jan. :blink:

;)

Oh, Morris could live for years yet, Jan. :blink:

;)

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163: Now did you, or the missus, make that entry Terry???

>>>This<<< Site will answer a lot of your questions Terry..

Geo.. :)

"A Pilonidal (Abscess, Cyst, Sinus, Dimple) is an abscess in the natal cleft (more commonly referred to as your butt crack)".

See, Terry, that's what you get for letting Morris play with your underwear. It's all his fault!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Jan of the 2 Ghillies

Hi Terry, glad to see you are out of hospital and on the mend. A certain ex of mine has a had a few of these, a week or two of walking like a crab and he was fine.

Hope you are not suffering too long and soon back on the banks.

Get well soon

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Thanks, Lyn, Jan and all other well-wishers. Sleep seems to be at a premium at the moment and the general anisthetic seems to have sparked a bit of a tricky problem - more non-dull :rolleyes: details to follow - but I'm a sturdy lad and this is but a mere inconvenience compared to what others put up with.

Anyway, better go because the nurse is due any minute to do the re-dressing and morphine-based painkiller routine - now known as 'the old crack-pack and smack'. :headhurt:

Nice to know your on the mend mate, :clap:

Take it easy with the nurses ;)

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”