Fishing tomorrow

bungral

Good to see some one who fishes for the smaller speices.

Why everyone targets monster fish I don'tknow.

I would love to catch a record gudgeon and many times thought I had.

Used to rent a stretch of River Soar that once held the record.

The minnows would bent the tip right round and you would think you got a monster. :)

Well main reason is just get me used to bites again. Can catch 50+ of the little fellas in there in an hour or two plus ya never know what will be on the end. Still love to just see the float go under. Went there once ONLY to catch a few gudeon as bait but had no maggots so took some smoke sausage stuff and a lil bread. They weren't interested in the meat at all so i put a lil bread on. Float went and i had a roach just under 1lb. Was well chuffed. Tis odd though as could easily catch one from most rivers near me but thats like a huge fish for that park.

Gonna go fishing (first time since new season) tomorrow on a real small river, well more of a stream even if that in a park known as "The Gunge". Tis a horrible little park and the "river" aint much better really but holds lots of Gudgeon, Minnows and Stickleback so shall have a bit of fun with them for an hour or two before hitting the Thames at Richmond on Sunday.

To give this thread any sort of a chance of a reply... Whats everyone else doing this weekend?

That's not in Isleworth is it?

Edited by eamonn321

Well, i took my trusty old float rod, a rucksack and a seat (plus a couple of tinnies !!!) down to the duckpond to wet my line for a few hours this afternoon.

First cast after 2 minutes, i catch a 7lb common carp which took 20 minutes to land !!!!.....second cast immediately i get a 5 lb mirror carp much to the annoyance of everyone else fishing.

But, a couple of small roach was all i caught after the initial activity but great fun was had. I'm taking the kids down there tomorrow for a bit of fun.

Same as Norfolk dan twice in the space of 2 months ive knacked em up 1st my left hand now my right {this time at work} get the feeling jesus doesnt want me for a sun beam!!!!!!! :schmoll:

Well... I didn't make it to "The Gunge" for the small species on Saturday, but perhaps tomorrow night. I did make it to the Thames today though. Went to Richmond to see how it was. Tidal side there were already people fishing there. Moved to the other side of Richmond Lock and again all the spots worth fishing were taken so we decided to go to Twickenham. Nobody there so had the whole stretch to ourselves :D.. Only there for about 2 hours and I caught 5 on ledger and my dad caught 2. My best 2 were a Chub of around 1.5lb and a Bream of around 3lb (perhaps a lil more). The other fish caught were a couple of perch a dace and a roach all on maggot.

Well happy with my first days fishing this season :D

p.s. excuse the slightly iffy-ish photos.. Only had my phone on me.

Edited by bungral

hi bungral,

i cycled along the thames from brentford to kingston yesterday afternoon...must hav seen you somwhere....the only anglers i can recall fishing at twickers were near the barmy arms...was that you?

will say hi next time :P

brgds <')Andy<

Hiya Andy,

Depends on what time you went past. We were there from about 17:30 until about 19:45. Are you talking about at the double steps? We wasn't there but a lil further along (Teddington direction) there are the single steps in the corner. Just fishing above them with rods against the railings.

Rgds Marc