ZoneAlarm Firewall problems ?/

Cranfield

I have been off line for five days, during which I have had a new PC built. :(

Following my recent problems with the version 6.0 of ZoneAlarms Firewall, my PC would not start on Sunday.

I had the page with the options;

Safe Mode

Safe Mode with Networking

Safe Mode with Prompt Command

Last known good Configuration.

Normal Start.

Not one option would start my PC. :angry:

My techie friend tried to access my hard drive from a remote system, could not and pronounced it dead.

Looking at the ZoneAlarm complaints forums, a few people have complained of similar occurrences.

Be warned.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

To be honest I had some problems with ZA some time ago and a certain person (NEWT) said to try KERIO personal firewall. I did and since I set it up have NOT had to do another thing!!! PERIOD!!

I downloaded it, paid the fees and away I went!! I cannot praise it more highly!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 3 weeks later...

Ditch ZA and get Kerio.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

as good as Zone alarm may be its a royal pain in the arse personaly i dont use any firewall at all and im hassle free, if all your concerened about is unwanted apps using the internet id just go with xp firewall

i remember a long while back when i was a noob in the pc world i had zone alarm and loved it till a few years down the line i realised it wasnt neccesary and uninstalled it and my internet was killed completely i thought it was zone alarm being an arse and reinstalled it, internet came back on and i searched the internet about this problem and its ZA that kicks it off on purpose

i imagine they are doing it with entire pc now, you want pc back on you need to reinstall me

its like being forced to use this crap if you want to use your pc

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

I use ZA Pro, never had a problem, never had issues with uninstalling n reboot etc etc.... maybe things left in the registry that prevented windows restarting etc....

I have been told that a firewall is unnecessary for general web use, but also been told by others its an absolute must, so I err on the side of caution

I use ZA Pro, never had a problem, never had issues with uninstalling n reboot etc etc.... maybe things left in the registry that prevented windows restarting etc....

I have been told that a firewall is unnecessary for general web use, but also been told by others its an absolute must, so I err on the side of caution

just a thought about zone alarm, can you tell me who your with, what server you use, is it aol, if it is let me know,

woman want me, fish fear me

just a thought about zone alarm, can you tell me who your with, what server you use, is it aol, if it is let me know,

Not sure i see the relevance, but im not with AOL, I use BT, but dont use their connection software, or any of there hardware either, my own ADSL router (with in built firewall) n using XP Pro (for my stupidity, XP Home is much smoother running in my experience)