Smartcast

I am getting sick of pike grabbing my smartcast float (gets more takes than my plugs.... lucky i use a wire trace).

Has anyone tried to paint one? I was going to paint it a more subtle colour but am not sure if this will affect the efficiency of it, or stop it working all together.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

I am getting sick of pike grabbing my smartcast float (gets more takes than my plugs.... lucky i use a wire trace).

Has anyone tried to paint one? I was going to paint it a more subtle colour but am not sure if this will affect the efficiency of it, or stop it working all together.

Just avoid getting paint on the two metal sensors on the bottom I would guess. Why not use coloured permanent marker pens, would be less messy than paint and easier to apply.

On this subject, apparently "green" tugboats (as I call them) are illegal over her in UK. I got mine from USA and now worried about using it but I see an advert (think it's Sheltons( in one of the monthly mags with a picture showing a green tugboat. We've done this thread before but seeing that advert has made me wonder if I'm being daft not to use mine.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I can't see painting it a different colour making any difference as I'm sure all the pike can see is a sillouette of the smartcast. I've often thought about making a lure identical to the smartcast as they do seem to be good pike attractors.

As for the green ones, there's been a lot of discussions about them but I think the case is still open, so in the mean time I'm still going to use mine.

Andy

Just mount hooks on it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President