Last night

Unimexsol

Got home from work last night and decided to go fishing, out of politeness I asked my two 14 year old boys if they fancied coming with me.

They've been fishing a couple of times each before about 2-3 years ago but have declined my offers ever since with typical teenage distain.

Imagine my surprise then when one of them decided that he would join me!

We got out quite late (about 10ish) and only fished for a couple of hours but he caught 3 and wants to come again tonight! I'm really looking forward to it. Just got to persuade him to start putting his own maggots on the hook now!

Finally to top it off, just as I was walking to the car to pack the rods away I heard a massive disturbance in the bushes by the car. TBH it made me jump abit, then something ran out from the undergrowth, at first I thought it was going to be a large fox but to my amazement it was a small deer! In Enfield, in London! Brilliant, it's part of the reason I love fishing - you see wildlife that you'd never imagine lived so close.

Sounds like you have him hooked Uni, good luck for tonight and let us know how you both get on.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Well done unimexsol.

My 15 year old has no intrest. My fault I took him to an easy water when he was 9 and he caught several Carp to 8lbs. My 13 year old is not keen unless I drag him into the car and he loves it once he's there.

Off on holiday soon camping in France. The site has a lake and I'll be making sure he has a go at the decent Carp there. Once we get home I just need to get him keen enough to want to go on his own, in the remaining school holidays!

Andrew Boyd

It's great Uni that your lad is showing interest. How did he do last night?

My boy is 9 and I am delighted he loves fishing, as I don't need to ask the wife about going as he already does!

Unfortunately cricket this summer has taken over most weekends and fishing hasn't got a look in. That needs to change as I feel I am letting Jack down.

Great that you are enjoying quality time with your lad at that age.

Cheers,

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I've been off work for about 7 weeks after an appendix opp and a few days looked after the little feller, he's 3.

We've been fishing twice and are going again this evening. As long as he's outside with food to nibble on he's happy.

He doesn't even mind the maggots.

And its a free pass for me to go fishing too.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Yeah, it went well. He caught some (5 I think) and it went well. I think possibly we could have packed up earlier as he seemed to be getting a little tired towards the end - then he caught his biggest one of the evening (5" skimmer bream) which revived him a bit. He wants to go again, so maybe Thursday evening, maybe at the weekend.

No deer last night but I did take my torch and was able to pick out and show him the crayfish in the river using it.

Your lad should devolop an unending love for natural history which will stay with him all his days. Well done.

Andrew Boyd