Funniest thing happened yesterday

markp

Was fishing a local stretch of the Trent yesterday {chavender knows where lol} and at about 12.00 3 gentlemen of rotund proportions turned up on the opposite bank to pike fish, after 5 minutes or so they started swearing and shouting at each other, next thing you know punches were flying rods being thrown and logs being brandished as weapons just a general free for all and guess what it was over? A packet of swivels! Things calmed down for about half an hr until 1 { christened the short fat b*****d by his freinds } caught a pike which they succesfully unhooked i hasten to add, i think the green eyed monster raised its ugly head or something because it started again, just like the chuckle brothers vs WWF the most entertaining days fishing ive had in a long time, but i still cant get a barbel what the hell am i doing wrong this year? Reckon a pair of boxing gloves might help?

P.s

Whats the funniest thing youve ever seen while out fishing?

Edited by markp

Guest Ferret1959

Funniest thing I seen out fishing was a mate of ours actually crying cos we where taking the p1ss.

We had arranged to all meet up and go spinning for pike on the Welland near Spalding.

Right time, right place for 3 out of 4 of use, our mate Chris turned up on the opposite bank and to be with us he was looking at a mile walk downstream and a mile back up.

Anyhow he decides to fish opposite use instead of the long walk.

We are slowly moving down the river fishing in a tandem fashion and catching pike like hook a duck on the fair.

Well 3 of use where, Chris wasn't having a single follow nevermind a take.

We where having hits at his feet, he was so gutted he stormed off in tears and didn't come out with us again for a fair few years.

Mind you we didn't half give him stick every time we landed a fish. :) :) :)

Rotten sods ain't we? :D :D

Was fishing a local stretch of the Trent yesterday {chavender knows where lol} and at about 12.00 3 gentlemen of rotund proportions turned up on the opposite bank to pike fish, after 5 minutes or so they started swearing and shouting at each other, next thing you know punches were flying rods being thrown and logs being brandished as weapons just a general free for all and guess what it was over? A packet of swivels! Things calmed down for about half an hr until 1 { christened the short fat b*****d by his freinds } caught a pike which they succesfully unhooked i hasten to add, i think the green eyed monster raised its ugly head or something because it started again, just like the chuckle brothers vs WWF the most entertaining days fishing ive had in a long time, but i still cant get a barbel what the hell am i doing wrong this year? Reckon a pair of boxing gloves might help?

P.s

Whats the funniest thing youve ever seen while out fishing?

:D:clap:

Funniest thing was at my expense - got off my seat box to get something out from inside, forgot to close the lid and sat down again. My skinny butt was well wedged in a plastic Shakespeare box. The lads carping in the next peg wet themselves laughing. I couldn't help but join in :lol:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

My funniest experience happened last Friday night.

Three youths on the next peg to me had been carp fishing since 6am without a single bite. I had arrived and more luck I think than judgement had hooked a low double on my first cast. 30 minutes went by and one came over asking what I had caught it on, "pellets" was the answer. The bemused lad looked at me and said "what are they, and where can I buy them"? I said here have a few of these and tied a hair rig for him and drilled a few pellets.

An hour or so later I saw the guy moving rather quickly down the bank with a mobile phone held in the air and making a dive for his rod. The impetus of his forward movement and the steep bank just meant that he kept going.... Yep, straight in!! Rod and reel gone and a knackered phone. His mates were in stitches.. After a few minutes he saw the funny side too. Every now and again, you'd see the float in various part of the pond. The fish was caught yesterday it weighed in at a whopping 2 1/2lbs.. Line and my hair rig still attached but no rod...

So, so funny.

Martin

I didn't see this personally but I have heared of 40 anglers fishing a club match on the lower Severn. T'was a a bright hot day and everyone was stripped off with their kit spread around them in the sun.

Then the Bore came through...........

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A bunch of us were fishing the Leeds Liverpool very early after a heavy drinking session the previous night. One lad fell asleep on his box and (to our eternal shame) none of us had the decency to wake him as we watched him swaying forwards and backwards for a minute before toppling headlong into the canal.

I was once a fishing a lake with a mate when there was a clay pigeon shooting contest being held on the opposite bank. Every so often some stray shot would pepper the water infront of us, rather concerning my friend as he was closest. I loaded up the catapult with hemp and waited for the next shot to ring out, upon which I fired said hemp into the side of his head. He didn't stop screaming for a good few minutes thinking he'd taken a direct hit. :lol:

Some mates of mine were doing a night fishing session on the same lake some time later. Being a cold and stormy night they thought it'd be a good idea to keep the Gaz lantern running in the bivvy for a bit of extra warmth. Halfway throught the night the lamp started to dim, so a change of cannisters was made with the bivvy doors closed. I think you know where this ones going........ The 'used' cannister was unscrewed under candlelight! Upon which it spontaneously combusted... them, the bivvy and its contents. They managed to escape the inferno, which had lit up the entire lake, choosing to dive into the icy water to put out the sleeping bags that were by this time melted to their jeans. On their way to the water the flames had even melted the grips on their rods. Pretty soon all those fishing the lake were over seeing if either of them had survived the assumed 'direct strike of lightening'. :D

The funniest thing I saw was on the Trent and Mersey canal near Acton bridge was when I walked up to this man (Carp angler).I asked him Have you caught anything and he said "no".He had 2 rods out and a boat came and he reeled his waggler rod in and he had left his legder rod out in the middle of the canal. All of a sudden this boat came passed in the middle of the canal and his rod started moving and he grabbed his rod and it started to bend and he managed to snapp the line instead of the rod. :lol: That was lucky.That was only about 2 months ago. Another funny story was when this fisherman had fell asleep in a match on the Shropshire union canal and this boat nearly run over his pole. :fishing:

Regards James