How to add more line to my reel?

Steve Chertsey

Hi,"Every few years" was a example, I never ever needed to change more than once a year in 30yrs fishing, never got any breaks from bad line in all that time either. I change as and when needed, from experience. If your a heavy user who fished a lot and looses plenty of line, you might well need a change twice a year. but line these days is not too bad, lasts a while too.

(treat it well and it lasts)

Like you say, no point filling a reel with 500yds of new stuff, 400 off any old line will do as backing, unless your a clever guy who casts 200yds :).

cya

Have to agree with Budgie on this one and to be perfectly in honest unless your geared up with a state of the art big pit reel and rod then your not going to be able to cast 100m it used to make me laugh when peoplke came in to the shop i worked in and used to brag casting 100m+ when the venue they fished was only 50m wide{and they only ever bought 100m of line to boot}, just try casting on a open field with a bog standard feeder and measure it youll be suprised how short the distance really is.