Any news yet?

Steve Coppolo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This situation frightens me, we understand angling and belive we know what needs to be done. As we now find pollertics is a big slow clumsy beast, so if its this hard to get things done regarding just the bass MLS whats the rest of pollertics like ?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

No just over welming sound of silence!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

HELLO ALL THIS IS MY FIRST REAL ATTEMPT AT A FORUM SO FORGIVE ME IF IT TURNS T*TS UP.

IVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FOR SOME TIME AND CAN SEE PEOPLE ARE REALLY GETTING FRUSTRATED WITH THE MLS/BASS PLAN SITUATION. DONT GIVE UP ON IT . I AM A SALMON FISHERMAN BUT FIND MYSELF FISHING FOR THE BASS MORE AND MORE. IT WAS DOOM AND GLOOM IN THE SALMON WORLD IN THE70S THRO TO THE LATE 90S WHAT WITH UDN,THE GREENLAND AND FAROES LONGLINE FISHERIES THEN CLOSER TO HOME THE NORTH EAST AND THE IRISH DRIFT NET FISHERIES AND FINALLY THE ESTUARY NETS HAD FINALLY REDUCED THE SALMON ON THIS AND THE OTHERSIDE OF THE ATLANTIC TO AN ENDANGERED SPECIES.IM AFRAID IT TOOK THE SITUTION TO GET TO THIS LEVEL BEFORE PEOPLE STARTED TO GET THERE ACT TOGETHER AND A ALLIANCE CALLED THE NORTH ATLANTIC SALMON FUND

(NASF) WAS FORMED.IT IS HEADED BY AN ICLANDIC GUY CALLED ORRI VIGGFUSSON. THIS GUY WHO HAS RIGHTLY BECOME IN MY EYES THE SAVIOUR OF ATLANTIC SALMON HAS ALONG WITH THE OTHER SALMON CONSERVATION SOCIETYS TURNED THE SITUATION AROUND TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT IT IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MINOR MIRICLE.IN A RELITIVLY SHORT TERM HE GOT EVERY BODY IN THE SALMON ANGLING WORLD SINGING FROM THE SAME SONG SHEET .THEN WITH FUND RAISING AND SERIOUS POLITICAL LOBBYINGAND,DIRECTLY TALKING TO THE COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN HE HAS REDUCED THE GREENLAND AND FAROES FISHERIES TO SUBSISTANCE LEVELS. HE THEN ALONG WITH DEFRA TALKED TO THE NORTHEAST OF ENGLAND SALMON COMMERCIAL LADS AND GOT THEM TO SELL OUT THERE LICIENCES SO THER ARE ONLY ABOUT 8 NETS NOW OUT OF ABOUT 50 AND NOW FINALLY AFTER INTENCE LOBBYING AT THE EU AND THE IRISH GOVERMENT HAS GOT THEM TO SUSPEND THERE GILLNET FISHERY WHICH TOOK 500 000 SALMON PER YEAR.SORRY TO GO ON BUT IT JUST SHOWS WHAT CAN BE DONE IF PEOPLE STICK TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR A CAUSE THAT THEY TRULY BELEIVE IN.SO DONT GIVE UP LADS EVEN IF YOU DO GET SETBACKS.KEEP IN THERE THE MLS/BASS PLAN IS WORTH FIGTHING FOR. BRY

This situation frightens me, we understand angling and belive we know what needs to be done. As we now find pollertics is a big slow clumsy beast, so if its this hard to get things done regarding just the bass MLS whats the rest of pollertics like ?

Only when it wants to be Sam :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

HELLO ALL THIS IS MY FIRST REAL ATTEMPT AT A FORUM SO FORGIVE ME IF IT TURNS T*TS UP.

IVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FOR SOME TIME AND CAN SEE PEOPLE ARE REALLY GETTING FRUSTRATED WITH THE MLS/BASS PLAN SITUATION. DONT GIVE UP ON IT . I AM A SALMON FISHERMAN BUT FIND MYSELF FISHING FOR THE BASS MORE AND MORE. IT WAS DOOM AND GLOOM IN THE SALMON WORLD IN THE70S THRO TO THE LATE 90S WHAT WITH UDN,THE GREENLAND AND FAROES LONGLINE FISHERIES THEN CLOSER TO HOME THE NORTH EAST AND THE IRISH DRIFT NET FISHERIES AND FINALLY THE ESTUARY NETS HAD FINALLY REDUCED THE SALMON ON THIS AND THE OTHERSIDE OF THE ATLANTIC TO AN ENDANGERED SPECIES.IM AFRAID IT TOOK THE SITUTION TO GET TO THIS LEVEL BEFORE PEOPLE STARTED TO GET THERE ACT TOGETHER AND A ALLIANCE CALLED THE NORTH ATLANTIC SALMON FUND

(NASF) WAS FORMED.IT IS HEADED BY AN ICLANDIC GUY CALLED ORRI VIGGFUSSON. THIS GUY WHO HAS RIGHTLY BECOME IN MY EYES THE SAVIOUR OF ATLANTIC SALMON HAS ALONG WITH THE OTHER SALMON CONSERVATION SOCIETYS TURNED THE SITUATION AROUND TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT IT IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MINOR MIRICLE.IN A RELITIVLY SHORT TERM HE GOT EVERY BODY IN THE SALMON ANGLING WORLD SINGING FROM THE SAME SONG SHEET .THEN WITH FUND RAISING AND SERIOUS POLITICAL LOBBYINGAND,DIRECTLY TALKING TO THE COMMERCIAL FISHERMEN HE HAS REDUCED THE GREENLAND AND FAROES FISHERIES TO SUBSISTANCE LEVELS. HE THEN ALONG WITH DEFRA TALKED TO THE NORTHEAST OF ENGLAND SALMON COMMERCIAL LADS AND GOT THEM TO SELL OUT THERE LICIENCES SO THER ARE ONLY ABOUT 8 NETS NOW OUT OF ABOUT 50 AND NOW FINALLY AFTER INTENCE LOBBYING AT THE EU AND THE IRISH GOVERMENT HAS GOT THEM TO SUSPEND THERE GILLNET FISHERY WHICH TOOK 500 000 SALMON PER YEAR.SORRY TO GO ON BUT IT JUST SHOWS WHAT CAN BE DONE IF PEOPLE STICK TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR A CAUSE THAT THEY TRULY BELEIVE IN.SO DONT GIVE UP LADS EVEN IF YOU DO GET SETBACKS.KEEP IN THERE THE MLS/BASS PLAN IS WORTH FIGTHING FOR. BRY

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The Salmon situation sounds like what happened with the Striped bass fishery in the states. The striped bass were almost wiped out before anything was done to protect them, and now it's a good fishery worth billions of dollars.

The trouble is, people believe that there is a never ending supply of bass out there at the moment, ......and there isn't. There are a lot of small immature bass yes, but the breeding stock has been ruduced so much it is quite possible that they are already beyond the point of no return. The stock could collapse at any time and no one would have a clue until it was too late. No one knows how many bass are in the sea, and no one knows how much commercial fishing effort there is for bass. Therefore, no one knows how long they are going to last.

We have had over 10 years of good year classes and favourable conditions. The bass fishing should be better now than it's ever been, .....but it isn't. Something is wrong.

Lets hope there are still some left by the time Bradshaw makes his mind up.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Post #57

Group: Members

Member No.: 7,682

When said by Bradshaw, "I'll make an announcement tomorrow" must rank as one of the top three lies in the world, alongside "the cheques in the post" and "I won't come in your mouth".

--------------------

I wonder how many pollerticians have had them very words said to them!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sam-cox

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.