Starting out

kavemanjock

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your a plonka phil :D:D

any more fish yet ?????????

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

jangar:

your a plonka phil :D:D

any more fish yet ?????????

no mate, I had a 2lb codling when all the flotsam was in the river on Sunday morning and a few whiting and another flounder (the river fished it's socks off at the glass centre, if you could manage to keep out of the way of the trees coming downstream).

there must be a chance of a few mini species or the odd pollack/coalfish off the pier if I fish close in with light gear, so I'll give that a go.

If I can escape from the move for an hour or two on Sunday I may have a go for a grayling or two, or even roach etc given this warmer weather.

how about you, i assume from your silence you've not been fishing?

as to your request kavemanjock, fishing close to the pier , stright under the rod tip, can get you in alot of snags, but also gives you a good chance of fish that some of the "proper" anglers are casting over the heads of.

It always puts a smile on my face when a young kid is catching with basic gear and the guys with all the equipment can't even hook a crab :D

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I think Im going to have to go and buy a Couple of rods etc. now and get myself down to good ole Brid by the sea. Just hope the weather aint to bad. At what part of tide is it best to start fishing. :D

I have a couple of 2 1/2lb Test curve Carp rods would these be ok to use at Brid. What bs would you recomend for line.

[ 07. February 2004, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: kavemanjock ]

• 1 month later...

Got a pike last Sunday Phil

[ 17. March 2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: jangar ]

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I would say 12lb will be fine for a start!! But as someone pointed out it is VERY rough off there so either chat up your local garage (they will think you mad!! But who cares??) But don't forget a leader for the shock of casting! Even a spark plug and a 20 yd lob can be dangerous!! You will need a line of a breaking strain which is equal in 10's of pounds for every ounce you cast. So say your plugs weigh 4 oz you need a 40lb leader. This should be wound onto the reel for at least 10 turns and joined to the mainline with a double blood. There are some tapered leaders, but they are expensive! And you can also get stuff that you can glue over the join (We tried Dacron, but never much success?) But if you are not sure then ask!! People on here are quite friendly and will help out as much as possible!!

In fact if you drop me a line I am looking for a tester for my latest range of rigs and you and your lad could be just what I'm looking for!! I send you the gear and you test it out and let me know how it performs, how's that sound?? Let me know!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi there Cavemanjock. I've fished around whitby, scarbourgh and Brid a few times. I have recently found Brid to be best off the North Peir. Some quite good whiting and flaties during the last vist. Keep and eye on your rod tip. Good luck

Jerry

And a bass yeterday mate

“Vescere bracis meis”