Going out in style?

Tog

My 'favourite' uncle died recently and as befits a scrap man we carried his coffin up to my burial ground on the back of his biggest lorry bedecked in 'butchers grass' - class;)

For the wake: vintage champagne and langoustine buffet with an army 'trumpet' corps providing entertainment.

I've never seen so many people so 'merry' at a funeral, but my uncle lived life to the full (as the 4 ex girlfriends who attended would testify) and he would have loved it, in fact I think it's a shame you cant attend your own wake - but my dad certainly saw a lot of the folks who will soon be at his - so maybe you can.

So for my dad we are arranging for his coffin to be towed through the village behind one of his steam engines. Burial in the local church yard (and I offered him a freebie, but he thinks his dads grave looks lonely!) and afterwards 'Cornish cream tea' for hundreds in the village centre. All to his own orders and what he wants.

So how would you like your send off? I've told the wife to surprise me! (but to wait till I'm dead!) - in fact I've reserved a few plots in my woodland burial ground, it's not macabre is it??

I'd like a new Orleans jazz band to provide the sounds (like the start of Live and Let Die), but afterwards?

Tell 'em all to bugger off down the pub and buy their own booze? BBQ'd sardines & poached trout?

Smoked eels and shrimp salad maybe? anyways don't know what 'decadent' thing to include...

So hows it to be for you folks? Burning kayak?? or quickie at the crem??

P.S, I hope this post does not offend anybody, and I don't mean to make light of death - but its the one guarantee we have in this life. (other than taxes of course)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Well both me and the missus have left our bodies to medical science. However legally your wishes for disposal of your body set out in your Will do not have to be followed.

If medical science don't want my body, or there's something left, I'd like to be taken to the crematorium or the burial ground by horse and carriage.

A very, very good friend friend of mine used to be a lorry driver many years ago and had to give it up due to disabilty. His sister-in-law was always sceptical about his popularity in the haulage business.

He died of a heart attack and was cremated.

Imagine her chagrin when the owners of at least half-a-dozen of the BIG companies turned up at the crematorium, and a drive past of about 30 trucks, all travelling at 15 MPH!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I used to go once a month to a Country and Western night in a little scottish village called Bridge of Weir. Hated the mock gun fights but the company and the live bands were great and, since it was in the local bowling club, the drink was reasonably priced. My best mate Jim's father in law, Bill, used to help organise it.

When Bill died I was attending the funeral and was told it was to be a country and western service in Paisley crematorium. I must admit I definately thought that it was going to be very strange.

We had 2 lines of gunfighters firing a volley over the coffin on the way in, and when the American Trilogy was played as the coffin was lowered on the lift, there was not a dry eye in the house. The confedarate flag which had draped the coffin was folded and passed to his widow Jean. It was moving and very appropriate when you knew the man involved.

The only thing I know is that when I go I want "For a dancer" by Jackson Browne played. Since I told my daughter this, she cant listen to it any more without filling up.

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk