Shimano Hyperloop 390 £22.49 - Argos

Hewey

Guest Ferret1959

I didn't have the Catana Match AX, I had the feeder version instead. :(

Changed it for something I didn't really want.

Searched local Argos stores on the net and found Tamworth had one, reserved it.

Collected and returned the rod I didn't want and now got the Hyperloop and happy.

I'll be trying it in a match on Saturday. :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's any help to anybody. Argos Extra at Milton Keynes still have them stock

No they don't, they sold me the last one, or so I thought, get it home and it's the Catana Medium Feeder AX. It was in the right packaging for the match rod, but the wrong rod inside.

So, as I already have a medium feeder, if anyone wants to buy a £45 rod for £22.50. PM me. I will taking it back tomorrow so make it quick.

Tried mine out last night,caught around 50 Roach 2oz to 8 oz in a 3hour session,only bumped 3 off.Nice enough rod but heavy(I know why my other waggler rod was nearly 10 times the price now).Not being used to the handle material it felt very spongey on the cast.But at the price no complaints

DS

I didn't have the Catana Match AX, I had the feeder version instead. :(

Changed it for something I didn't really want.

Searched local Argos stores on the net and found Tamworth had one, reserved it.

Collected and returned the rod I didn't want and now got the Hyperloop and happy.

I'll be trying it in a match on Saturday. :)

Dave

Why? have you got rid of the Normark?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest Ferret1959

Na, using that for freelining down the river.

I leave it set up in the hall way ready for a quick get away. :)

Oh and I love the Normark with a 3lb chub on the other end. :D :D

I don't know whats going on at Argos, went and bought mine, took it back across London, removed the packaging- and low and behold it's a Catana AX Heavy feeder rod!!!

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

Guest Ferret1959

They are suppossed to advise you at the check out that you may get an alternative rod to similar spec.

Feeder-float wasn't similar to me though.

I did get a five quid gift vouchers for my troubles though. :D

It's not a problem I only bought it cos it was so cheap, it has now been passed on to a freind who I have taken a few times and has got really in to it. It is his first rod, light years away from my first "broomstick", a 8ft german supermarket special!!!

He was really chuffed so some good came out of it and £22 quid for a H feeder rod is still a bargain

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

Hi there

Very new to this sport, have just been into my local Argos and picked up 2 shimano rods at £22.49, 1 for me (first rod ever) & 1 for my brother who is quite experience. The thing is I have 2 different rods!!!! 1 is a Hyperloop 390 the other is a catana ax 390 - Which is the better rod????

Any support or advice would be most appreciated before I meet up with my Bro this week

Many thanks in advance

Ian