Advice on fishing Auchenlarie required

Snatcher

Going to the caravan park for a weekend (May 6-8)

will be making some time to fish so am after a bit of guidance on the fishing to expect at that time of year and the gear to take. I know that bass and bull huss are taken there.

Would prefer to target the bass with light spinning gear or fly gear if possible. Any advice at all would be most grateful.

Cheers

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

John,

The mark at Auchenlarie is a swine to find, and difficult to get down to. Suggest you speak to Eric in The Sports Shop, before you go. Dont know about the huss mate but the area has produced good bass and starry/common smoothound. Travel as light as you can, and aim to fish over high.Stances at the mark are difficult to say the least, but pluggin can be dome a couple of hours either side of high, when the water is nice and clear.Down around the bottom of the tide produces fish but as the ground is muddy further out, the water clouds up, and is unsuitable for lures. Suggest you do get some crab together for the trip,for both bass and smoothhound, which fight hard as hell. Oh and some fresh mackerel for a bonus tope.

Thanks for the input chaps.Manxman I am not deserting Drummore,its just a cheapie the wife got out of the papers.. Where were you Friday John,were you planning to come to the Clash or did I get it wrong! Anyway had a great night and got canny blootered. Sat night had a meal at Port Logan and then got blootered back at the Ship with Nick the bass and co!

Met up with tack4 and the little tacks yesterday morning and we fished Ardwell Back Bay at the flat rock. I managed to get a coalie out. Had a great time and tacks younguns are belters mind. Got some earplugs for you in my caravan,up next in 3 weeks.

They tell me there are good lures for sale now behind the bar at the Clash and Ship !!!

Catch ya shortly mate.

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

So it could be plan B then. Just go on the drink!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 1 month later...

Well thought I would raise this thread again cos will be there in 2 days.

Being an old codger(well getting there) will not be yomping or rock climbing. High water at 11.30 on the Sat so will just go popping to see if there are any silver fellahs about. Will have some rag as backup and may go crabbing at low water for bait for the Sunday.

Anyone tried right in front of the caravan park then ?

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

the marks about a mile or so to the right of the caravan park, park up at the side of the road beside a bit of a random gap in the hedge, do a little abseiling and hey presto you are there! There are a few big rocks (cottage-sized) on an otherwise small boulder beach, get yourself onto one of them and fish the high with crab, should get a good mixed bag of small species with a couple smaller bass (to 3-4lb) in there too. Plus a bigger bait out a chuck for tope just incase, but dont expect one right away!