Stanwick Lakes

Polly

Anyone fished these lakes? Simon Crow's review in Carp world reads well but checked their web-site out and it doesn't give too much away. Only about 40 mins drive from home so fancy giving them a crack but wanna do a bit of homework first.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

C'mon guys, surely someone out there has fished or can give me some clues as to what these lakes are like?

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

well i no near petersfield lake is the pump station which i heard is very good for carp they hold some matches there aswell if im not mistaken :) . I dont live to far away from there so im gonna try and get som1 to come with me to petersfield and were gonna have a look at some of the lakes

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

The only Stanwick Lakes I know is next to the A45 near Higham Ferrers in Northants - it's on the way to Peterborough, but not really near it. Could this be the one? If so, I have fished it once (last year) and struggled. It was very, very weedy and I only caught one small carp on a popped up imitation sweetcorn. But I undersatnd it's a very popular fishery.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Anyone fished these lakes? Simon Crow's review in Carp world reads well but checked their web-site out and it doesn't give too much away. Only about 40 mins drive from home so fancy giving them a crack but wanna do a bit of homework first.

The old Mid Northhants fishery? Did the old record years ago. Cracking group of lakes. Some stunning fish, Not the easiest but it would be boring if it was easy. :) Stunning mature pits (apart from the newly dug match type ones) loads of wildlife and more grass snakes than I've seen at a single water before.

If you're only 40 mins away, give it a go.

BTW, the composting tiolet is best avoided :)

Paul Singleton