Method fishing

smalltincup

Hi All

Did a day session yesterday on a local lake, was trying out me new ground bait and dam, it brought in the fish. However have a question, as the fish start to attack the method ball of groundbait the bite indicator strats to drop back. Right the fish picks up the bait and leggs it off across the lake, now the probalem i was having yesterday was because the method feeder is light (being made of plastic) i was missig the bites and not hooking in to the fish.

Therefore when you strikle how do you strike using the method??

Cheers Guys

STC :yeah:

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Hi All

Did a day session yesterday on a local lake, was trying out me new ground bait and dam, it brought in the fish. However have a question, as the fish start to attack the method ball of groundbait the bite indicator strats to drop back. Right the fish picks up the bait and leggs it off across the lake, now the probalem i was having yesterday was because the method feeder is light (being made of plastic) i was missig the bites and not hooking in to the fish.

Therefore when you strikle how do you strike using the method??

Cheers Guys

Just one question was the hookbait buried in the method feeder or outside the method feeder?

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes you have to sit on your hands, this is the hard bit, the fish will attack the feeder, once they pick up the hookbait and run you will know !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

yep found that out over the weekend, had 15 fish on the method, ranging from 15lbs to 8lb

STC

sounds like you got it right, did you leave the hookbait outside the method ball ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

sounds like you got it right, did you leave the hookbait outside the method ball ?

Get Stan off of here, he makes me nervous !!!!!!!!!

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Left the hook bait in the ball, just sat on my hands until the fish started to take line, then strike.

I always worry that the rig will land with bthe bait covered by the method rig , thats why I always leave the bait hanging. Most pro's say to mould it into the ball though.