Lucisart plug-in.

Hellbelly

I've just got a new plug-in for photoshop. Its called Lucisart and i love it. Here's a before and after shot I did of a mate of mine.

Before.

IMG_6752saved-at-800.jpg

After.

IMG_6752saved-for-webat800.jpg

Look closely at the differences in his hair, his glasses and his skin. I did the clouds with another plug-in called virtual photographer (its free). I dont know about you guys but I love this filter.

rb_getcreative.gif

I've just got a new plug-in for photoshop. Its called Lucisart and i love it. Here's a before and after shot I did of a mate of mine.

Before.

IMG_6752saved-at-800.jpg

After.

IMG_6752saved-for-webat800.jpg

Look closely at the differences in his hair, his glasses and his skin. I did the clouds with another plug-in called virtual photographer (its free). I dont know about you guys but I love this filter.

Well now HB, opinion, I presume you want an opinion? Not at all keen on the sky, grass etc, mates face, its OK but still a little flat? Thats IMHO. I presume you are using full program Photo Shop?

This is what I did using the budget 'PS Elements v4'. No plugins, simply the standard items, took 4 key hits and with a little more time and study it could have been even better, but again 'thats in my humble opnion'?

1HBmateIMG_6752saved-at-8001.jpg

The way, 'PS Elements' presents the face, it looks to me like there is a face reflector out of shot, of course, we know there is not.

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Seems to have attracted some attention hey.

@SW. Yes mate, I've got CS3 extended that I use (probably only use 20% of it though haha). You version isnt bad but the skin dioesnt have the same texture, contrast. As for the sky and grass being over cooked. Yes, you're probably right there. I find that when I get in to a new program or whatever, I can go a little hard sometimes until I get more involved and used to it. Then again. I'm not so fussed about the sky and grass looking real because the face really draws the eye.

@Sharkbyte. Sorry mate, I hadnt heard to Joey. I've tried to look at the site but I'm finding it very slow to load and navigate.

@JK. I havent tried it on B&W yet but I will now. I think your version is a bit to saturated for my liking. I actually took out some of the red myself in processing.

@Mr W. Yes mate, there probably are but this plug-in is so easy to use and you'd get consistent results with it (on the right photo's where as doing it manually (for want of a better term) would be quite time consuming. I've been reading up on it a little and it seems that its the leader in this sort of area. And yea, it is a neat little plug-in.

Thanks all for having a look and giving me some feedback.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

@Sharkbyte. Sorry mate, I hadnt heard to Joey. I've tried to look at the site but I'm finding it very slow to load and navigate.

It is both of those HB but it is also worth the wait. He does some striking work.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President