Dragoncarp tackle

xiqual fish

HI, i'm looking to get set up for carping/Piking and the cheapest it looks like i can do it is through Dragon carp. although when you buy alot of cheap stuff its still not cheap. has anyone tried any of the following so they can give me an opinion on wether its money well spent or wasted.

Firerunner 502' Carp 'Runner' Style Reel £29.99 buy one get one free

‘Dynamo Compact’ 12ft. 3 Piece Carp Rod £20 for 2

Complete Folding Leg Rod Pod for 3 rods £24.99

‘Microtek’ Bite Alarm With Free Batteries! £19.99 buy one get one free

‘Pike Attak’ PowerCaster Pike Rods 9ft. – 6.0lbs £12.99

‘Pike Attak’ 12ft. – 3.0lbs £14.99

Theres other stuff on there like like the fish handling gear and bits and bobs of tackling up stuff i'm looking at but its the listed i'm most uncertain about.

Sorry if this looks like a plug for the shop it isn't intended that way.

Cheers

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a couple of Used Tackle's (they market Dragon Carp gear) bite alarms for my mate's kids a few years ago and they are still going strong, so they appear to be OK I would think the Fox Microns or similar might be better in the long run and only slightly more expensive.

The other items you name I have seen at Tackle shows and whilst they are not the latest carbon models, they will do a job, but do not expect too much of them at that price.

Caveat emptor as they say

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I got a couple of Used Tackle's (they market Dragon Carp gear) bite alarms for my mate's kids a few years ago and they are still going strong, so they appear to be OK I would think the Fox Microns or similar might be better in the long run and only slightly more expensive.

The other items you name I have seen at Tackle shows and whilst they are not the latest carbon models, they will do a job, but do not expect too much of them at that price.

Caveat emptor as they say

I have purchased a few items from this company Beware aftersales do not exist and the tackle is cheap and nasty

Firerunner 502' Carp 'Runner' Style Reel £29.99 buy one get one free

i was going to upgrade to these (as i've two euro 250's) but i don't like silver reels,so i got a pair of hd860's off e-bay.

'Dynamo Compact' 12ft. 3 Piece Carp Rod £20 for 2

looked at these in the shop not as thin as some,but light enough

Complete Folding Leg Rod Pod for 3 rods £24.99

got one of these on sale! plasticly but stable enough,i use mine for barbelling sometimes

'Microtek' Bite Alarm With Free Batteries! £19.99 buy one get one free

i've got these very nice and a good size

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i've never had any problems with aftercare as i mainly goto the hucknall shops as its only a short drive away.some minor items of tackle have been crap but on a whole its been good stuff,i've had three pairs of euro 250's the first was a big ugly reels i didn't like them but they worked well enough,then i got a second set of reels when the design changed used them for over a year nearly i sold them because they where blue ones and then brought a new pair of dark coloured ones and some spare spools + they threw in a pair of reels with out handles as spares (blue though) but i've recently purchased some other reels,as i just fancied some new ones to go with my pentra barbel rods (dragoncarp) which have proved to be excellent rods,my euro 250's i'll probably keep as spares or for other types of fishing as they have been good reels.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

9' foot rods with a six pound test curve! Too long to be effective jerk bait rods so what ever are they designed for? Not for pike fishing!

Reels at £29.00 plus one for free, all that means is that they are £15.00 reels. Not to say that a £15.00 reel is rubbish, but I would want to seriously play with one before buying them. If you can only afford £15.00 for a reel then you can't afford to waste £15.00, be careful.

Hi

I purchased some 'Dynamo Compact' 12ft 3 Piece Carp Rods they were cheap fibreglass and snapped 2nd outing or should i say one snapped and there bite alarms? worked fine until it rained.

Did you notice a flaw in the rod andy? Had it been damaged in some way?

I keep noticing more people mentioning rods breaking, and I can't understand it. In over 45 years angling, I've only had one breakage, and that was back in the 'dark ages' when I bought a second hand rod with a greenheart tip, (the older members will remember that stuff) and the tip broke on a grayling of about 3/4lb. But with fibreglass and carbon never. If it isn't damaged, then I can only put it down to using too heavier line and trying to hold a fish and not playing it, even then a rod with a decent TC would take some breaking!

Or could it be the modern method of mass producing rods, results in some lack of quality?

PS Now I've said this I'm dreading my next trip in case I've tempted fate :unsure:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Did you notice a flaw in the rod andy? Had it been damaged in some way?

I keep noticing more people mentioning rods breaking, and I can't understand it. In over 45 years angling, I've only had one breakage, and that was back in the 'dark ages' when I bought a second hand rod with a greenheart tip, (the older members will remember that stuff) and the tip broke on a grayling of about 3/4lb. But with fibreglass and carbon never. If it isn't damaged, then I can only put it down to using too heavier line and trying to hold a fish and not playing it, even then a rod with a decent TC would take some breaking!

Or could it be the modern method of mass producing rods, results in some lack of quality?

PS Now I've said this I'm dreading my next trip in case I've tempted fate :unsure:

It may be the fact that some companies are buying rods and reels from China with no quality control and for as cheap a price as possible? cheap is not always best, try your local shop they can compete most of the time and dont sell cheap Chinese seconds.