Anti Anngling SAB's

Marginmaster

we should all ensure our mobile is always charged just in case and if you have a PAYG phone , some credit for emergencies. be vigilant.

For emergency no.s 999 ect. you don't need credit as it is FREE :o:thumbs:

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Guest Brumagem Phil

I'm curious here..........in the face of potential ARMED attack a policemen says this......."Both anglers and grouse shooting parties should be aware of the threat to them and they should have contingencies in place to protect themselves."

How could you possibly put a contingency in place to protect against armed attack without arming oneself?

If for example one carried a machete (for peg clearance) and used it to defend against a couple of yobs with a basball bat or block of 4x2, how would one stand in the eyes of the law?

It wont be long before the police's own suggestions that people defend themselves are used in a court of law and legal precedent set.

I'm curious here..........in the face of potential ARMED attack a policemen says this......."Both anglers and grouse shooting parties should be aware of the threat to them and they should have contingencies in place to protect themselves."

How could you possibly put a contingency in place to protect against armed attack without arming oneself?

If for example one carried a machete (for peg clearance) and used it to defend against a couple of yobs with a basball bat or block of 4x2, how would one stand in the eyes of the law?

It wont be long before the police's own suggestions that people defend themselves are used in a court of law and legal precedent set.

I was wondering the same myself, i carry a large bowie survival knife ( like one in rambo movies) when fishing. I use it for cutting heads of deadbaits etc. I've always wondered where i stood on protecting myself with such a knife. Does fishing count as having a good enough reason to carry one?

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

I was wondering the same myself, i carry a large bowie survival knife ( like one in rambo movies) when fishing. I use it for cutting heads of deadbaits etc. I've always wondered where i stood on protecting myself with such a knife. Does fishing count as having a good enough reason to carry one?

You'd have to argue that in court. The defence / CPS would argue that you could do the same with a small knife or scissors and that you were 'tooled' up. It would ultimately come down to whether the judge thought it reasonable cause or not, the nature of the attack on you, your reaction (and consequences) and what the jury thought.

Rob.