Anti Anngling SAB's

Marginmaster

Folks,

So sad to see in the news over the last couple of weeks, the problems that anglers have had to endure in the face of violent activity by anti Angling groups. A few questions I would like to pose to the forum :-

1) What professional bodies do we have that can react publicly to these events ?

1a) What are these bodies doing now on our behalf to counter the threat ?

1b) What do forum members think they should be doing ?

2) Is there any advice on what precautions fisheries should be taking.

3) What can we legaly do to defend ourselves in the evenyt of a violent bankside attack.

4)Why in the most recent case of thirty thigs attacking men and women on a fly fishery, where there were dozens of police including the chopper were no arrests made, something v wrong there.

5) What can we do to take the fight back to the anti's

S.

P.s With the amount of forum members on here its quite a loud voice I would imagine can't we set up a petition or something perhaps even a poll dunno

Folks,

So sad to see in the news over the last couple of weeks, the problems that anglers have had to endure in the face of violent activity by anti Angling groups. A few questions I would like to pose to the forum :-

1) What professional bodies do we have that can react publicly to these events ?

1a) What are these bodies doing now on our behalf to counter the threat ?

1b) What do forum members think they should be doing ?

2) Is there any advice on what precautions fisheries should be taking.

3) What can we legaly do to defend ourselves in the evenyt of a violent bankside attack.

4)Why in the most recent case of thirty thigs attacking men and women on a fly fishery, where there were dozens of police including the chopper were no arrests made, something v wrong there.

5) What can we do to take the fight back to the anti's

S.

P.s With the amount of forum members on here its quite a loud voice I would imagine can't we set up a petition or something perhaps even a poll dunno

Professional bodies - AFAIK there is only the one the NFA. Pretty much all the others are voluntary although paid up members can ask them and see what they suggest.

IMO it is the police that should be dealing with these things and I would complain very strongly if I was in said group of anglers and the police did nothing to protect me or my property. That is after all their job !

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

IMO it is the police that should be dealing with these things and I would complain very strongly if I was in said group of anglers and the police did nothing to protect me or my property. That is after all their job !

Rob.

Exactly Rob!! And why oh why have the people who were attacked as has been reported never made a complaint against the Police who attended the event as reported?? I can only say I personally would be shouting from the rooftops about the action or indeed IN action taken by the police force and officers involved!!

UNLESS of course you know different?? (And not you Rob per se!! :lol: )

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Exactly Rob!! And why oh why have the people who were attacked as has been reported never made a complaint against the Police who attended the event as reported?? I can only say I personally would be shouting from the rooftops about the action or indeed IN action taken by the police force and officers involved!!

UNLESS of course you know different?? (And not you Rob per se!! :lol: )

they are probably still waiting for the police to come out :rolleyes:

i was speaking to an angler today ,he had a burglery at his house and called the police ,2 days later he phoned up and was offered a crime number for his insurance no mention of anyone attending.thats all i could write here as the other sentences were too rude to mention.

i found a pile of dumped hemp plants at the back of the pond (3rd lot this year) in amoungst the plants was a tissue with blood on it ,as it was only dumped the night before the tissue was still dry and fresh.i phoned up the bill ,told them exactly where it was ,did they collect this evidence of the dumpers dna ,did they buggery ,the plants and tissue have long rotted away :angry:

i found a safe that had obviasly been stolen then cut open ,i told them where it was and they asked if i could fetch it in :o ,the local copper phoned up 3 days later as he couldnt find it (despite it being exactly where i said) he said it wasent stolen but lost :o another crime report not to fill in :wallbash:

the govs crime statistics go down because the "crime" isnt logged as one ,you dont have something stolen you "lose" it :angry: .

if you fire a gun and you dont hot anyone your "losing" a bullit ,and if you brandish it your checking you havent lost it :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

they are probably still waiting for the police to come out :rolleyes:

i was speaking to an angler today ,he had a burglery at his house and called the police ,2 days later he phoned up and was offered a crime number for his insurance no mention of anyone attending.thats all i could write here as the other sentences were too rude to mention.

i found a pile of dumped hemp plants at the back of the pond (3rd lot this year) in amoungst the plants was a tissue with blood on it ,as it was only dumped the night before the tissue was still dry and fresh.i phoned up the bill ,told them exactly where it was ,did they collect this evidence of the dumpers dna ,did they buggery ,the plants and tissue have long rotted away :angry:

i found a safe that had obviasly been stolen then cut open ,i told them where it was and they asked if i could fetch it in :o ,the local copper phoned up 3 days later as he couldnt find it (despite it being exactly where i said) he said it wasent stolen but lost :o another crime report not to fill in :wallbash:

the govs crime statistics go down because the "crime" isnt logged as one ,you dont have something stolen you "lose" it :angry: .

if you fire a gun and you dont hot anyone your "losing" a bullit ,and if you brandish it your checking you havent lost it :rolleyes:

Thats all the police do these days is give out crime numbers.

i worked in a petrol station for two and a half years, we had a around four drive offs a week, ( people filling without paying) you would phone 999 as it was then, they would ask make and model of car, which direction it went off in. a day later they would come out and ask for statement and give crime number.

why ask which way they went when its going to be 24 hours before you start the chase lol

woman want me, fish fear me

Steve Finnigan

Acting Chief Constable

Lancashire Constabulary Headquarters,

PO Box 77,

Hutton,

Preston,

Lancashire,

PR4 5SB.

21st August 2006

Dear Mr Finnigan

It has been widely reported in the local and national press that a gang of thugs

recently attacked fly fishers at Bank House Fly Fishery at Caton, near

Lancaster.

According to reports a gang of about 30 men, carrying baseball bats and blocks

of wood, emerged from woodland before descending on the lake shouting “Sabs”

then proceeded to smash the anglers’ rods, damage nearby cars and start fights.

Two fishermen were assaulted and a woman angler was punched in the face.

It has also been reported that at the height of the confrontation police called

in the force helicopter, an armed response vehicle and nine other vehicles. But

there were no arrests and the saboteurs escaped. Pc Duncan Thomas, the force's

wildlife officer, is quoted as saying that saboteurs are increasingly attacking

anglers and that "Both anglers and grouse shooting parties should be aware of

the threat to them and they should have contingencies in place to protect

themselves."

It has been an established fact for many generations that is what we pay our

taxes for. We pay taxes, the taxes pay for the police force and the police

enforce the law. Although for some reason this does not seem to be the system

in Lancashire. We would suggest that if a police helicopter, an ARV and nine

other police vehicles could not apprehend these criminals what “contingencies”

do you think anglers should put in place? And why should they and shooters

need to put any contingencies in place? It is the police forces responsibility

to enforce the law of the land and in this instance your force appears to have

failed.

We are sure that PC Thomas does sterling work as the force wildlife officer.

This however was not a wildlife crime. This was an act of criminal violence to

the person and property.

Why were the perpetrators allowed to escape?

What has your force done since the event to trace those responsible?

Can you assure us that in future anglers and shooters will receive the

protection from your force for which they pay?

Yours sincerely

Michael Heylin

secretary@saauk.org

We must assume that as they have an "Acting Chief Constable" the rest of the

Lancashire force are only "Acting" as well. They do not seem to be doing the

job we expect of police officers, but given the present climate why should we

expect anything more?

You may care to write from your organisations asking similar questions of the

ACC.

Michael

Michael Heylin

Secretary SAA

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

My understanding is that the old bill, the armed reponse unit and the flying pig only attended the protest at the grouse shoot.

The protesters stopped and attacked the anglers later in the day.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

we should all ensure our mobile is always charged just in case and if you have a PAYG phone , some credit for emergencies. be vigilant.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.