Prowler Elite 4.5 set screw

sandgrownen

Your first port of call is with the retailer you got it from. If in doubt call Trading Standards they will advise.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paintfly

I've just been out and checked my Elite. I bought it in North Wales and yes the front of the FF scupper is as thin as a plastic coke bottle. Also what is more concerning is the very end of the foot wells is the same.

Does anyone know where I go from here, the place I bought it or Johnson Outdoors?

Cheers :(

Chris

Very sorry to hear that Chris, but glad I raised it, as it's obviously a serious safety issue. The Elite is not the first OK yak to have production problems, the Prowlers went through a similar thing and it eventually got sorted, but only after a lot of people had to go through major aggro and disappointment. Frankly, I'm astonished their yaks can still leave the factory like that. I've no doubt you will eventually be the owner of a top quality yak, but it may take some time. If the company has any sense of customer relations, there ought to be some sort of compensation over and above a new yak. <_<

Bad luck mate.

I'd contact Andrew from Johnson Outdoors who posts here as OKReally.

Mine is very thin near the front rod holder, flex is very bad, but am using 10mm Phlonic plate to reinforce any mountings I use on there, as anywhere else on the Yak.

The other areas seem ok though, and I bought mine from North Wales as well....only time will tell

Mine is very thin near the front rod holder, flex is very bad, but am using 10mm Phlonic plate to reinforce any mountings I use on there, as anywhere else on the Yak.

The other areas seem ok though, and I bought mine from North Wales as well....only time will tell

Please read the other thread that i have started on this subject I will post what happens on there.

Cheers

Chris