photos with new camera

phil dean

I was down at Marsden rock yesterday afternoon with the dog (I love days off that are sunny), i put the camera onto the automatic fast shot mode and just kept pressing, got some great shots.

the 7dayshop.co.uk site recommended by steve, was great, I got a 1gb card for less than 20 quid including delivery, the 2gb wouldn#t have been much over 20 quid.

I was surprised at how quickly it was able to save the shots, much faster than I expected.

i like being a greenhorn.

btw, I've been looking at lenses on ebay.

it seems almost as cheep to buy an old eos with a 28 - 80/90 lense as buy a nearly new 28-80 lense, anyone suggest a reason why I shouldn't bother.

also looking at the idea of buying a BIG zoom (400mm with a 2x adapter). They all seem to be manual focus, but I assume that, other than that, there's usually nothing wrong with them?

Hey Phil I thought you were a greenhorn like me and then you go off speaking double dutch :schmoll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Snatcher, as you know I'm a lawyer, I make it my duty to be able to Bull sh*t with the best of them.

bought a camera mag, I am now all jargoned up!!!

don't worry, still know nothing

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

also looking at the idea of buying a BIG zoom (400mm with a 2x adapter). They all seem to be manual focus, but I assume that, other than that, there's usually nothing wrong with them?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Phil ..

I assume that we are talking Canon EF Lenses ???

Nothing wrong with big lenses ... if you can afford the big prices !!

The trick is to stay away from the "cheap & nasty" end of the market. Many people are quite happy with lenses such as Tamron or Sigmar, which are good for the price. But you cannot beat a "dedicated" Canon lens.

Not all big lenses are manual focus. I have just aquired the Canon 35-350 "L" lens, which has full automatic focus throughout its full range. Stick a 2X converter on it however, and you are down to manual focus.

400mm with a 2X adapter ??? That is one hell of a stretch setup. Bearing in mind that the sensor area spec in your camera makes this effectively a 1000mm lens. Image quality is bound to suffer at that range, even if you mount your camera on a solid tripod that is nailed to the floor !! Unless you go for a top-of-the-range lens.

A canon 100-400 EF L lens costs as much as £2800 new ..... on EBay (2nd hand or whatever) they are fetching between £600-800. A 2x Canon converter will cost you up to £170 on EBay ... I know, I've just bought one!!

Hope this helps ..... :):)

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Snatcher, as you know I'm a lawyer, I make it my duty to be able to Bull sh*t with the best of them.

bought a camera mag, I am now all jargoned up!!!

don't worry, still know nothing

Phew,thats reassuring then :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

400mm with a 2X adapter ??? That is one hell of a stretch setup. Bearing in mind that the sensor area spec in your camera makes this effectively a 1000mm lens. Image quality is bound to suffer at that range, even if you mount your camera on a solid tripod that is nailed to the floor !! Unless you go for a top-of-the-range lens.

A canon 100-400 EF L lens costs as much as £2800 new ..... on EBay (2nd hand or whatever) they are fetching between £600-800. A 2x Canon converter will cost you up to £170 on EBay ... I know, I've just bought one!!

Hope this helps ..... :):)

cheers for the info, as i'm not convinced I'll be nailing the tripod to the floor, 1000mm does seem a bit extreme when you put it that way.

will keep looking though

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY