Perception Freedom Angler

jonnyboy

HELP!

Can anyone give me some advice on this model, my local shop is doing a bloody good deal on it at the moment and i'm sorely tempted over an elite or standard p13 (we're talking £400ish).

Im 6'4" and 16 stone, so no doubt you'll all be telling be to get a scupper pro!!!!!! or P15

Thank loads for you r help in advance!!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

Sea Anglers Conservation Network

If you're unsure of the one you want then recommend trying to arrange a test paddle. Where abouts are you based?

The second hand sit on top market is buoyant. If you buy a kayak at a significantly reduced price you should have no problem selling it (ebay) should it not be the right one for you.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Taking money out of it which is the one you really want?

I dont know, thats why i'm asking!!!

Seriously though, just found out that the perception is now the same price a sthe OKP13a, shop assistant gave the price for the "surf" spec boat. I have read review of the prowler here and elswehere, 50% say its great, 50% talk of quality issues with the newer models.

I lik ethe idea of the scupper proTW but at a shade under 16 st with 38" waist, i fear it may be a little bit of a squeeze.

I've never been one to follow the crowd and so my heart is saying go for the perception. I'm going over to bournemouth Canoes tommorow so i can put the contenders side by side and really get a feel for where the differences lie.

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

If you're unsure of the one you want then recommend trying to arrange a test paddle. Where abouts are you based?

The second hand sit on top market is buoyant. If you buy a kayak at a significantly reduced price you should have no problem selling it (ebay) should it not be the right one for you.

Based in Dorset, Weymouth,

my other post seems to have vanished into cyberspace, , but it basicaly said that i wanted a scupper but am probabaly to much of a lard arse, so wanting to be different, fancied the perception!!

OK prowler 13a Flame

www.ukbass.co.uk

HELP!

Can anyone give me some advice on this model, my local shop is doing a bloody good deal on it at the moment and i'm sorely tempted over an elite or standard p13 (we're talking £400ish).

Im 6'4" and 16 stone, so no doubt you'll all be telling be to get a scupper pro!!!!!! or P15

Thank loads for you r help in advance!!

hello jonnboy

i have the freedom angler and im happy with it. if your getting it for £400 you've got a good deal only thing i don't like about it is the rod holder at the front is a bit of a stretch to get to if your trawling but other than that its great :)

Sad news Jonnyboy. Your probably a little on the large size for a Scupper but the P15 is an option. No harm intended.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)