must check this re elite 4.5

Somerset in Jersey

i think the issue here is hull thickness not colour ,keep up . this is a serious issue not a joking manner unless you do not value your life much,i and most on here do

Before anyone else gets on thier high horse, here's a couple of points:

1) I own a Prowler 4.5. (one of the first batch into the country)

2) Life is more important than colour or graphics.

3) They powers at Johnson Outdoors will sort most products with problems. (that comes from experience).

4) If Johnsons/Ocean Kayaks are suppling new or seconds goods which are potentially dangerous or are proved to be the cause of someones death/injury they maybe liable for legal action. Some how I don't see them doing that.

If you have a problem refer to point 3.

Surely it would make more sence to contact one of the suppliers of these "seconds" kayaks via e-mail and get the exact specs.

As I have found with my dealings with Johnsons there are no problems to big that can't be sorted out. The first Prowler 4.5's will be slightly different to the prowlers 4.5's that will be sold in a years time as the model develops. My advice would be to keep in contact with johnsons and help each other to sort the teething problems

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone else gets on thier high horse, here's a couple of points:

1) I own a Prowler 4.5. (one of the first batch into the country)

2) Life is more important than colour or graphics.

3) They powers at Johnson Outdoors will sort most products with problems. (that comes from experience).

4) If Johnsons/Ocean Kayaks are suppling new or seconds goods which are potentially dangerous or are proved to be the cause of someones death/injury they maybe liable for legal action. Some how I don't see them doing that.

If you have a problem refer to point 3.

Surely it would make more sence to contact one of the suppliers of these "seconds" kayaks via e-mail and get the exact specs.

As I have found with my dealings with Johnsons there are no problems to big that can't be sorted out. The first Prowler 4.5's will be slightly different to the prowlers 4.5's that will be sold in a years time as the model develops. My advice would be to keep in contact with johnsons and help each other to sort the teething problems

i am not on a high horse as you put it . in fact no one mentioned decals ,the problem appears to be hull thickness which as a safety issue should never have left the factory let alone be sold . end of story

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

i am not on a high horse as you put it . in fact no one mentioned decals ,the problem appears to be hull thickness which as a safety issue should never have left the factory let alone be sold . end of story

I think you may find that this thread is concerning cosmetic floors. the tread concerning structural floors is also available of the main page. ( a much better end of story)

I think you may find that this thread is concerning cosmetic floors. the tread concerning structural floors is also available of the main page. ( a much better end of story)

[/quote

The reason i started this thread was to point out that its known that OK are selling seconds, the issue of decals, which if you like points at cosmetics is even worse as they can spot this problem but let a highly dangerous problem go loose. If Pirelli release a set of new tyres that were to thin and a possible cause of loss of life they would do an immediate recall. Not seen yet by not OK.

Its bad form, waiting till someone calls them. Every single kayak should be returned to factory till issue resolved. Or are as can be seen the dealers making money? and if you dont check then so what. would like to see a statement by OK reasuring all that this issue is taken on board.

Have not checked but do the kayaks have a quality control mark and proof of testing to MCC standards?

PLus this thread was started to highlight the issues raised as if posted in the main thread it might have been missed and as it wasnt it has so far had over 200 views so if its raised the issue stronger and goes towards a resolution so what.

So mr FF I don't care what you think or that you okya had one of the first in the universe, i am concerned that every on knows all the facts and that they can make their own minds up. About time customer power worked.

What would they do if every OK owner went to the store with all their kayaks in protest. bet the sales go down now. Oh what a shame put a decent approved test procedure in place and it would not happen.

BTW you wouldnt work for them or a dealer would you... :angry:

i think finding out exactly why they are seconds should be established befrore this goes on too far.

in the mean time

i for one don't mind buying a seconds "anything" if the reason that it is a second doesn't render it dangerous to me or others. things that could make these yaks a second may be the colouring - doesn't match OK colours due to wrong amount of pigment added. the decals might be on an angle..both things which do not affect its sea keeping qualities.

the issue with the prowler 4.5 and thin spots is a real and possibly dangerous in my mind and so should not be sold as a second but lobbed in a skip. but are we slamming OK by jumping to assumptions that these are the reason they are seconds have this very problem without investigating properly.

i have drafted a mail which i will send to Go Kayak NZ asking why they are seconds .

john

Edited by lazy hooker

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

i think finding out exactly why they are seconds should be established befrore this goes on too far.

in the mean time

i for one don't mind buying a seconds "anything" if the reason that it is a second doesn't render it dangerous to me or others. things that could make these yaks a second may be the colouring - doesn't match OK colours due to wrong amount of pigment added. the decals might be on an angle..both things which do not affect its sea keeping qualities.

the issue with the prowler 4.5 and thin spots is a real and possibly dangerous in my mind and so should not be sold as a second but lobbed in a skip. but are we slamming OK by jumping to assumptions that these are the reason they are seconds have this very problem without investigating properly.

i have drafted a mail which i will send to Go Kayak NZ asking why they are seconds .

john

Have you also asked tghe major point? why sell kayaks with thin mouldings and why did they pass inspection and are they CE marked for the UK?

Bit more major question rather than Ocaen Krakyak spelt wrong.....

Infact will email them now as well...

Have you also asked tghe major point? why sell kayaks with thin mouldings and why did they pass inspection and are they CE marked for the UK?

Bit more major question rather than Ocaen Krakyak spelt wrong.....

Infact will email them now as well...

hi mate he cannot spell either ,perhaps he is a dealer ???????

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

In what LOL

My Mails gone has yours ?

nope

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.