pictures of peoples tackle and tackle boxes + setup

s2vto

jerseytrev - if you have problems sourcing a live bait bucket you might want to take a look at www.catfishconnection.com and the "minnow bucket" section there.

Decent prices and I know John will ship to the UK.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

jerseytrev - if you have problems sourcing a live bait bucket you might want to take a look at www.catfishconnection.com and the "minnow bucket" section there.

Decent prices and I know John will ship to the UK.

thanks for that newt topman :thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Now therein lies the question!

It hadn't occurred to me - first time etc. So, I attached it to the carrying handle by my knee and that was fine - very smooth sea - I was maybe 3/4 on at best. It wasn't, however, ideal and wouldn't be good in any swell. So, when I beached, I unloaded everything and tried threading it through a second karabiner towards the stern on one of the eyelets the bungees go through. I then went back out and tried it again. This was far better and seemed to be acceptable. As I don't intend going out in a large swell I think it would suffice but will try to work out some other way around things - perhaps some cord with a loop running between the two which will place it centrally and then over the rudder grooves. I'll also try through the eye that the carrying toggle is now attached to. I don't have a trolley and don't really want one but may try some kind of permanent attachment depending on my results - say a stainless eyelet screwed in above the toggel or similar.

Any better ideas using what is already attached gratefully received - I can then try them out next time.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the rear carrying toggle eyelet, mine broke when I was hauling it up during a beach landing (I'd backed in as there was a bit of surf) The eyelets that hold the paddle keep bungies and the rope that runs around the bow are a different matter though. They are the ones used for the Anglers Afloat anchor trolley system, which I can't recommend highly enough. The only flaw is that it doesn't go all the way back to the rudder fixing point, but I've never found this a problem and I quite like the fact that I can reach back and grab the carabiner if I have to.

Some people have worked out a way of fixing the rear pulley to another point further back, and there are also some who haven't bothered with a trolley and come up with different systems, but it's such an easy thing to fit, unless you have a better idea, I can't see why you wouldn't want one. I was using mine without the control cam cleat (the only difficult bit to do solo) for ages by just making loops in the warp and hooking them into the krab, and I still havent fitted the other two cleats yet (no rivet gun).

It's not large swells you want to worry about so much as fast tides and rips, which are not always as obvious.

I wouldn't ever have my anchor line coming off the middle of my yak, even on a flat sea.

Cheers :thumbs:

LOL - fear not. If the remains of Gordon miss you, we are sending a better one along. Here is Helene.

helene.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

LOL - fear not. If the remains of Gordon miss you, we are sending a better one along. Here is Helene.

post-463-1158783430_thumb.jpg

Hi Newt, which weather site do you use? I've been using accuweather for a number of years and found it very reliable. The hurricane center gives good predictions as to when (week to 10 days in advance) and becoming more accurate as the low nears, of possible changes regarding fishing conditions from shore and as I've yet to find out from a boat/kayak, cheers

nice set up i have my front ones mounted the same . i like the matching green container in the back . i managed to get a couple of slightly larger boxes than the one suplied with the prowler ,the seal type from decathlon in france . i believe you have them in the uk (decathlon i mean ) :)

oh and yakerbass is that one of those livebait containers the plano ones ,if so where did you get it . cannot seem to source one locally

:)

HI Trev the bait bucket is a 901T Flote-Rite Trolling Bait Bucket, 8.6 litre capacity. had a quick look but you need to surf the web a little this one is £17 + p&p i paid £15 from my local tackle dealer

http://www.sovereignsuperbaits.co.uk/Other...ansporting.html

Happy hunting :)

anglersnetsig.jpg

HI Trev the bait bucket is a 901T Flote-Rite Trolling Bait Bucket, 8.6 litre capacity. had a quick look but you need to surf the web a little this one is £17 + p&p i paid £15 from my local tackle dealer

http://www.sovereignsuperbaits.co.uk/Other...ansporting.html

Happy hunting :)

hi getting one from bass pro yakerbass . tried catfish newt gota reply from john that they do not send outside US . thanks anyway for the help .

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

great stuff

keep pics coming

some close up ones of tackle boxes and bags would be really helpful too

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse