Landing Net Handles

Del_R

Can anyone recommend a good long landing net handle? I was fishing Severn Stoke today and on many of the swims you're a long way up from the water on rocks. My normal landing net handle is 5ft which was hardly reaching the water. Luckily I had a two piece cane handle with me that was 8ft long. This was just about long enough, but it was certainly showing its age and I'm not sure I'd want to rely on it with a double in the net (though maybe I'm doing a disservice to old gear?). Anyway I figure it's time to get a decent 3m one if possible. But I want something that is pretty robust, too.

Cheers,

Del

Do you want a HEAVY duty one?? OR A long one which costs a LOT and is of very good construction?? Is COST important?? Or is it suitability??

I have a 4 piece at I think 5M?? Or you can get a DINSMORE at 3M which is heavy as hell in Glass but will cost around a tenner. The one I have is an Ultimate 4 piece take apart, VERY light and carbon so strong BUT susceptible to damage of course!! The ultimate would be at £20 plus posting.

BUT wait and I am QUITE sure you will get MANY recommendations!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Efgeeco make a good one. Its the style that John Wilson uses, lockable pole that goes from about 6ft to 10ft. Very strong bit of kit.

They only seem to be available from one outlet, Davis Tackle in Christchurch. Not cheap but will last for years.

This is the link:

HEAVY DUTY 10ft TELESCOPIC HANDLE

That looks good! Length and strength and good quality is what I want and I'm happy to pay for it, as the vicar's wife once said. I've bought enough cheap kit that hasn't lasted and has therefore cost more in the long run than buying the best first time round. Only yesterday one of the the shoulder straps on my rucksack ripped away from the bag rendering it useless. The bag was only half-full, too, so should have been designed to carry much more weight. I've done a repair job on it but I guess I'll be looking for a new one of those soon, and this time I won't skimp!

Cheers,

Del

Just a warning in case you thought you would go on ebay...

I bought a landing net on there and they said the entire reach was 12 foot. It had a 2 metre handle, which basically meant the guy was including the length of the net and my right arm (!!!!!) in his calculations.

He got annoyed at the nuetral feedback I left him, and left a snotty reply. My reply to his comment: "Dreadfully sorry, but I didn't realise that I was in part bidding for my own right arm!!!!!" :o

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

That looks good! Length and strength and good quality is what I want and I'm happy to pay for it, as the vicar's wife once said. I've bought enough cheap kit that hasn't lasted and has therefore cost more in the long run than buying the best first time round.

I`ll get a photo done. Will post it tomorrow.

wolf.gif

I've just bought a Drennan Landing Net Handle (Mega Carp I think they're called). They are carbon fibre, extra strong and are either 2.8m or 3m long (they do 2 types). The quality is good (as you'd expect from Drennan), but they are a little heavier than a normal LNH. Would definatley recc them if strength is what you're looking for. Cost about £35.

Cheers Wolf. It looks good. I shall order one on payday which is rapidly (but not rapidly enough) approaching.

Your lawn looks in better condition than mine, by the way. No weeds, ant's nests, or rotten apples that have been sliced up by a Flymo. Mine would look like that but I was away fishing when I should have been gardening ... ;-))

Del