t-bar waggler attatchment HELP PLEASE

johnny diamond

the story began on monday when adding lock shot for my float and using resin coated shot with a sore thumb

it hurt so nipped them with pliers :rolleyes: then proceeded to hook into a nice fish only to loose all including the float,thankfully the fish managed to spit it out and allow me to collect same from far side of lake later that afternoon, :)

then whilst reading an article by bob nudd he refered to an item from browning called a large waggler t-bar attatchment,great i thought just the job :rolleyes: can i find one.....not a jot...even contacted zebco direct no idea what i was talking about,checked out suppliers on web and made umpteen phone calls and was informed that milo and preston do a simaler item.

eventualy i found a tackle shop who could supply the preston version and they arrived today,but are low quality in my opinion so the hunt is back on for the browning version any help would be greatly appreciated

the item is clearly photographed on page 6 of course fishing mag

I just use normal quick change float adaptors with shot each side of the float.

Never had a problem, I just nip them on lightly.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I know what you are on about I think Milo used to make some (?) If you cant find some in the shops try the following-

Buy some "keeper" rings (these are the small rod ring whipped just above the handle on some rods to keep your hook in)

Get a small swivel and put it over the ring.

Secure the rings feet to the line using fine scillicon tubing (sometimes sold for pole floats) If you are using really fine main line or cant get small enough tube then you can plug bigger tubing with a piece of cocktail stick or similar.

Join the waggler to the swivel with a bigger diametered piece of tubing.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I would go along similar lines as Budgie pinch the shot onto a small length of silicon tubing. Much better for the line.

Yorkio, I've never liked those leger stops as I find they do more damage than shot. However, if you replace the leger stops with float stops, you'll have a nice method of avoiding damage to the line whilst waggler fishing.

Have seen this at a few Angling shows I have been to. Sounds like a great idea but looking at it Yorkio's solution s just the same without the added cost. After all you always have a bit of spare line and some shot in your box. Ok it may not look as neat but what the hell. :clap2:

Could you use a loaded waggler and float stops. I had exactly the same problem as Johnny, changing depths was a real pain, as I was afraid to pinch the shot on too hard ,so they kept coming off, and with awkward fingers and failing eyesight,... well you get the picture. :(:(

I never got round to trying the loaded waggler out as I bought my first pole and haven't looked back..perhaps I will one day :):)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton