digital SLR cameras

Andy_1984

The Nikon 8800 is supposed to be just about the best one you can get for taking photos in very low light conditions without introducing image noise. Its lens only goes down to 35mm though (although you can buy others - at a price) and I need something with wide-angle capability, although not extreme. The Canon looks useful so I will investigate further. Thanks.

p.s. I had a look and the Canon has a similar lens to the Nikon. Oh well.

Not sure there are many, if any, that go any wider, sneaking idea Kodak do a compact and Richo do one, rare beastie, O'well its back to the SLR v crossover/compact :lol:

CJS2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nikon 8800 is supposed to be just about the best one you can get for taking photos in very low light conditions without introducing image noise. Its lens only goes down to 35mm though (although you can buy others - at a price) and I need something with wide-angle capability, although not extreme. The Canon looks useful so I will investigate further. Thanks.

p.s. I had a look and the Canon has a similar lens to the Nikon. Oh well.

Minolta A200 goes to 28mm, sadly Minolta have opted out of the camera market [they still make lens mounts etc for Sony]

I have a A200 with a wide angle converter, it is great for landscapes and the confines of a boat.

I'd assume they are available on Ebay?

Colin

Well I've decided to put my EOS 1000 35mm camera up for sale on Ebay whilst it's still working well.

I just don't use it anymore and haven't for some time. Even before I got the 350D i was still using my fuji digital ten times more. Since I've got into digital photography I find that I've got a new lease of life where photography is concerned and I was very tempted to buy one of the cross overs as the compact I had was so useful.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY