Strange Rod....

Stephen-C

Hi,

Came across this whilst surfing the net,

http://www.rocketfishing.tv/

Sorry but this had me laughing, surely there's no shocker absorber effect

from this rod, looks like you just wind them in.

And the Bobber, woah surely that's going to scare the fish..

Dont think this item would EVER finds its way into my tackle collection!

forget them they're just childs play what you want is one of these little beauty's http://www.emmrod.com/index.cfm and video's of them in action http://www.emmrod.com/index.cfm?page=mediaroom.cfm

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh but are they any good. There's nothing worse than buying something for a kid say who takes it fishing and then when the novelty wears off and they haven't caught anything they loose interest and don't go again. My pet hate is these fishing sets you can buy for £6.99. 6 ft rod, reel with insufficient 15lb line and really cheesy floats an size 10 hooks. Parents buy one for their kids, kid can't cast far and when they do don't catch anything, at the end of the day goes in the bin and another potential fisherman lost.

Yeh but are they any good. There's nothing worse than buying something for a kid say who takes it fishing and then when the novelty wears off and they haven't caught anything they loose interest and don't go again. My pet hate is these fishing sets you can buy for £6.99. 6 ft rod, reel with insufficient 15lb line and really cheesy floats an size 10 hooks. Parents buy one for their kids, kid can't cast far and when they do don't catch anything, at the end of the day goes in the bin and another potential fisherman lost.

You say that, but a few years back, I actually went and bought one of these just to re-live childhood moments catching rudd. It was great fun :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My wife bought one of these for me for my birthday. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEN-pocket-fly-sea-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

:huh:

Paul.

:clap2: i got one for christmas, its terrible but they look great, i got the mini fly one, trying to cast is a nightmare though.

i got my nephew a cheap starter kit and got rid of everything in the package and loaded new line better hooks and float, its great but i have to cast for him cause the reel isnt the greatest but the rod is sound "shakespear" can catch decent sized roach and it could easily handle a 3lb trout, just need to get a realy good starter reel. but kids being kids they always get bored if they havnt caught within 10 minutes and my nephew loves guns (cow boy 'n' indian style) he would love this toy but then how do you get them on to a proper rod and reel once they get into the sport

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

My wife bought one of these for me for my birthday. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEN-pocket-fly-sea-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

:huh:

Paul.

My God, those look AMAZING :clap2:

Do they actually work? Does the reel work etc and does it have decent shock absorbtion? I really want to get one, just to carry around with me as I often see a spot that I'm desperate to try but can't be bothered to lug a load of stuff down to...

My God, those look AMAZING :clap2:

Do they actually work? Does the reel work etc and does it have decent shock absorbtion? I really want to get one, just to carry around with me as I often see a spot that I'm desperate to try but can't be bothered to lug a load of stuff down to...

It does work, but it's more for the novelty value. The rods quite cool but the retrieve ratio on the reel is shocking and i've always been crap at casting multipliers :lol:

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..