bait ordered at Brazils pictures will follow

1509tarpon_75_.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mr. big fish sir

Shall do, lots of pictures hopfully.

Cannot get back to the PC til friday night.

Will leave a report at Brazil's 01304 201457

Might get down thursday if the mrs allows

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Hi Simon. I fished the place for a week solid last year. Good fun if your into light line float fishing. IMHO its not as rough as people say it is, but still use rotten bottoms. Softer hooks will save you a few rigs - as long as you have a dropnet handy. All ranges produce fish from down the wall to 100 yds, just keep moving the baits in and out of holes/diffrent place every cast till you find the snaggs and pockets of fish. I found were there was 1 wrasse there was a whole family! The reason i didnt think it was as rough as it was hyped was because i could get away with 18lb line/shocky with a 3 hook rig and still get it back with fish attatched most times providing you are fast when they bite and you can haul em like feck! And that was every section from the folkestone to dover ends... Anything short of 40 yards stick to heavier line if your bottom fishing though. Raggies where superb, wee bits of mackeral got variety and loooads of pout.

Ide imagine it could be a realy fun venue, good luck!

Tight Lines

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...