Repeat Question over the years ABU 507 Spares

mdgfishing

On trying the above number ,I found this to be a private Number.

Sorry mate I must have written it down wrong.

Have you tried these?

ABU (also BERKLEY, FENWICK & MITCHELL)

Pure Fishing (UK) Ltd, Unit 8H Marshfield Bank, Crewe, Cheshire CW2 8UY

0845 0500093 contactus@uk.purefishing.com ABU (also SHIMANO)

Tight Line Services, 55 Croft Street, Lincoln, LN2 5AZ

01522 523834 rabully@aol.com

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate I must have written it down wrong.

Have you tried these?

ABU (also BERKLEY, FENWICK & MITCHELL)

Pure Fishing (UK) Ltd, Unit 8H Marshfield Bank, Crewe, Cheshire CW2 8UY

0845 0500093 contactus@uk.purefishing.com ABU (also SHIMANO)

Tight Line Services, 55 Croft Street, Lincoln, LN2 5AZ

01522 523834 rabully@aol.com

Tight lines Lincoln is where I live :) there have no parts neither does pure fishing .

As per pdf file parts nos are 8312.8332.8315.8805, --37, --41,8718, all the way down to the spool I am sorry I can barley read this pix . I will try and find a better list

MDG

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
Tight lines Lincoln is where I live :) there have no parts neither does pure fishing .

As per pdf file parts nos are 8312.8332.8315.8805, --37, --41,8718, all the way down to the spool I am sorry I can barley read this pix . I will try and find a better list

MDG

lincoln ?? ....... hey, im in sleaford !!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys just come out of Surgery , so no fishing for a bit , :( beside the rivers are up and the weathers not so hot :) so I thought I would give this thread a bump and see if there are any helpers out there.

Best Wishes

mdg

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

Hi mate hope you get over your surgery quickly.

Sorry to say Ive had no luck at all with all my ABU contacts.Literally anything for multipliers but no joy at all with closed face parts.What really amazes me though is ABU themselves.They used to have a spares service second only to Mitchell.Spares for reels that hadnt been made for over a decade or two would still be available.Even in the very rare case that they couldnt supply off the shelf they would always be able to offer alternative advice.It seemed to be a great matter of pride with them.

One of the reasons I allways praised ABU and Mitchell was not just the quality of their products but the after sales.Indeed they were reels for life.Using them as the standard I often decried the more "modern" firms on the scene such as Shimano who often couldnt even supply the correct part for a current reel let alone an old one!

Sadly it seems all have gone the same way.Maybe with the fierce market as it is now the need to keep "updating" models has made it impractical for companies to hold on to amounts (if at all!) of spares? How often do we hear of reels simply being replaced rather than repaired these days?

Like I said Mdg sorry I couldnt help I was more than sure I could.Last resort is to keep looking out for a 507 in need of repair/for spares or really cheap etc on Ebay.I will certainly put it in my "favourite searches" and keep an eye out for you.I can totally understand your frustration with this.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I have 2 abu reels. One is definely a 501 as I have had it from new. How can I tell which one the other is. I bought it unboxed and therefore without the booklet from a second-hand shop. It has a sort of light metalic red cover for the spool. If this is the right one you can have it as I don't think it ever worked properly.

If it is send me a PM

Ferg,usually the identity of a Abu 500 series reel is strait forward by the colour of the cowling and the drag adjuster

501=black cowling+no adjuster knob

503=copper/brass cowling+screw slotted adjuster

505=red cowling+ star drag adjuster

506=matalic blue cowling +syncro-adjuster knob

506m=matalic blue cowling with a groove+syncro-adjuster knob

bigger versions:

507=matalic blue cowling +syncro-adjuster knob

508=matalic blue cowling with breather slots+syncro-adjuster knob [L/H]

this is the size difference between the Abu 507/8's and the other Abu 500 series reels

113438.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i recently aquired a cheap 507 {mk1} from e-bay for £30 [usually go for around £50] and ocationally a spares / repairs one does turn up but still cost upwards of £20+,just keep checking one should turn up sooner or later.

ferg,if your other reel with the redie,orange cowling is of no use to you i'll be intrested in it for spares and willing to pay £10 inc.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve