Anchor Rope Reels

Dartman

I use a divers SMB reel, saves all the DIY jobs and comes complete with cord that is sufficient in lenght and strenght for normal usage. Have a browse on EBay under sport/sub aqua/SMB there loads to choose from

did you get the heavy duty one or the enclosed one

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did you get the heavy duty one or the enclosed one

Just normal one. It has a ratchet and can free spool. Its ideal for both and compact as well. Will post pic for you when I get back from work

I use a divers SMB reel, saves all the DIY jobs and comes complete with cord that is sufficient in lenght and strenght for normal usage. Have a browse on EBay under sport/sub aqua/SMB there loads to choose from

Thanks for that Gedi, sounds like a good idea!

Dartman

how much for one of them? they look good

divers reels on ebay are around £25 plus £5 p+p

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

anchorreel.jpg

how many metres of rope did you get on it Gedi?

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

hi dartman

i got mine from tragos, they have a section with all sorts of rope , chains etc, i just bought the last 2m of rope on the reel and asked if i could have the reel , no problem, also while your there go to the fishing dept/ camping they sell 30m of green rope about 5mm thick , i use this for my anchor line , its only £1.86 for 30m i got 2 and joined them, also next to the diy section they sell lengths of light chain and shackles, no anchors though

cheers

jon

ps

hows the bass fishing going

Hi Jon

Thanks for the gen on trago but I think I will go for the divers smb idea.

Re 'hows the bass going', haven'nt been out for two weeks due to weather and family but went out the wednesday after Brixham and got 3 schoolies and a load of wrasse on prawn. Am off work all next week so hoping for some good weather.

Cheers

dartman

how many metres of rope did you get on it Gedi?

There is about 40Mts on there. The best thing is the Ratchet, can be engaged or disengaged, idea for free-spooling the anchor out. The cord is 5mm,a bit thick I know I expect you would most prob get 60-70mts of 3mm on there.

I Paid about £12 for mine, second hand inc P&P

There is about 40Mts on there. The best thing is the Ratchet, can be engaged or disengaged, idea for free-spooling the anchor out. The cord is 5mm,a bit thick I know I expect you would most prob get 60-70mts of 3mm on there.

I Paid about £12 for mine, second hand inc P&P

and it's red!yak colour!---it's tempting even though I've got 2 home made ones already!

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph