new to fishing

Big Jo

I have just recently discover the ART of fishing trough a friend.I am from south africa living in the uk(london)

and never thought i would fish over here.I have always taken to fishing as i went fishing with Grandfather(R.I.P.) , but that used to be with bread and corn and we never used to catch anything over 15lb.

But when my friend introduced me to fishing over here , i was totaly hooked :yeah: I am totaly fasinated by all the boilies, pop-ups, rigs ect, ect,ect ,ect ,

The only problem is it is winter time now and i seem to be the only person excited about fishing at the moment. But not to worry, even if i have to go fishing by myself, and it rains, and it is only 5C and i catch nothing, i will still love it. Just think about the first time you were hooked on fishing, YOU JUST CAN'T STOP.

So, is there anyone that can help me with some tips, and is there any good fisheries close to the east side of london.

Thank You

BIG JO

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

Hi and welcome to AnglersNet. We do have a few London folk so hopefully someone can give you suggestions pretty soon.

I had my first try at UK angling this past spring and it is certainly different than anything I'd done before but as you said, fun and addicting.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Perfectly right.It is very addicting.Only problem is i have spend about £500 already and it has only been a month.But i guess that's a guy thing.You have to keep up with the jones'

Big Jo

Big Jo

Go BIG or go Home

Have a browse through the articles section on here, there's loads of good info on there.

Re. east london I don't know. Pop into your local fishing shop and ask their advice (try yellow pages etc, if you don't know where one is).

Rob.

Hi Big Jo

Used to live in London (NE London) If you want a good day out go to Walthamstow res. I would suggest that you have a go on the coppermils stream. The swim you want is the bridge swim, probably the only swim worth fishing until you get further down the stream, had 6lb chub and there are 10lb+ barbel plus double figure carp. I have put a thread about Walthamstow on here before you may have to do a search for it. If you are having trouble let me know and i will see if i can find it.

Cheers

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Hi Big Jo

Used to live in London (NE London) If you want a good day out go to Walthamstow res. I would suggest that you have a go on the coppermils stream. The swim you want is the bridge swim, probably the only swim worth fishing until you get further down the stream, had 6lb chub and there are 10lb+ barbel plus double figure carp. I have put a thread about Walthamstow on here before you may have to do a search for it. If you are having trouble let me know and i will see if i can find it.

Cheers

STC

i already spent five hundred i hope thats on hooks and a few bits of bait dont spend a lot you should cop my link good luck son

So, is there anyone that can help me with some tips,

As another returnee after a long hiatus, I've found the magazine How to Improve Your Coarse Fishing an excellent Sunday afternoon read, full of basic tips I didn't know - how to tie knots, make rigs and mix ground-bait. I bought a dozen or so second-hand on Ebay for the equivalent of 50p each , bargin I recon.

The articles on AnglersNet are also brilliantly informative and totally free of course.

;-)

Tony

Edited by rarepleasures

Tony

I have just recently discover the ART of fishing trough a friend.I am from south africa living in the uk(london)

and never thought i would fish over here.I have always taken to fishing as i went fishing with Grandfather(R.I.P.) , but that used to be with bread and corn and we never used to catch anything over 15lb.

But when my friend introduced me to fishing over here , i was totaly hooked :yeah: I am totaly fasinated by all the boilies, pop-ups, rigs ect, ect,ect ,ect ,

The only problem is it is winter time now and i seem to be the only person excited about fishing at the moment. But not to worry, even if i have to go fishing by myself, and it rains, and it is only 5C and i catch nothing, i will still love it. Just think about the first time you were hooked on fishing, YOU JUST CAN'T STOP.

So, is there anyone that can help me with some tips, and is there any good fisheries close to the east side of london.

Thank You

BIG JO

Hi Big Jo,

I live in South Africa, enjoy fishing the euro way. So yes enjoy it.

Roger

Thank You

BIG JO

I used to live down in Elstree and used to fish over Waltham Abbey way for carp, there are a couple of lakes over that way where you will catch. Lake John and Claverhambury lakes are day ticket waters.

Lake John has carp to over 30lb , tench etc. Cleverhambury is full of carp. If you go into Simpsons of Turnford , they'll give you some directions.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.