South Coast Cod

Scotty T

Mornign All,

Has anyone had a Cod yet from the Dorset, Hampshire or Devon coast form boat or shore? I know their showing up elsewhere (so please don't gloat our northern friends). I went on a charter trip last weekend targeting cod off the needles, plenty of fish but no cod, then on the next three trips the skipper had 4 cod to 20lb :rolleyes: But hey, thats fishing for you.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

The cod are certainly appearing off the Needles, More fish are being landed day on day. The best I know of is six in a tide last Sunday. My best day has been 3 aboard and we had a 23lb 12oz fish on Saturday. This is certainly one of the biggest landed so far.

We are only just into November and I'll expect the fish to be here until the end of Feb. If it's of any interest we are also catching loads of eels from the cod grounds too. Not bootlaces either, the average size is 30lb+ with 50lb+ fish being caught most days too, far better fun than dogfish...!

Rob

Electric Blue, Lymington

Nice one Rob,

We had some good eels as well last weekend, best just over 40lb, and they didn't bite like wreck eels, they just bit and went mental. Might try again in the new year. Good luck with your cod fishing. Were you off Christchurch Ledge last saturday? Might have seen you out there? We were out on True Blue.

Cheers

Scotty

[ 05. November 2004, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Scotty T ]

There has been the odd cod caught off Chesil since September. The biggest I've heard of was 14 ½ lb.

With the amount of people fishing the beach, someone is bound to catch something some time!

[ 05. November 2004, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Hi, there were two boats down to the SE of us, must have been you. Cheers for the contact details looks very tempting, hope you have plenty more cod this season.

Scotty

Scotty T:

Has anyone had a Cod yet from the Dorset, Hampshire or Devon coast form boat or shore?  

Heard on VHF of several caught from boats fishing Nab area last Sunday, best was over 30lbs (but I only caught whiting and bass). I'll be out there again this Sunday, if the weather holds I'll be going further offshore than last time.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Salar:

Salar:

Has anyone had a Cod yet from the Dorset, Hampshire or Devon coast form boat or shore?  

Heard on VHF of several caught from boats fishing Nab area last Sunday, best was over 30lbs (but I only caught whiting and bass). I'll be out there again this Sunday, if the weather holds I'll be going further offshore than last time.
:cool: Poole producing some nice ones, got piccies to prove it. :D

Norm B:

Poole producing some nice ones, got piccies to prove it.   :D  

Bit of a long cruise from Langstone! Plus all that earth in the way called the Isle of Widget.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk