Advice - boat reel

richardchristian

I'm looking for a boat reel with level-wind suitable for 20-30lb downtiding around £100-00 mark. Prefer Lever Drag, but not too fussy. At the moment I'm considering Penn 320LD / 225LD, Shimanl TLD15 or Daiwa SL 350. Any thoughts or recommendations gratefully received - trouble is it's hard to 'try before you buy'!

In my limited foray into this type of reel all I can say is I know two of the present/past UK Boatfishing team and they both went for the sloshes. They also used other reels but had chosen to buy these reels as opposed to using the reels supplied by there sponsors.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

For that amount of money you are willing to spend on a reel,you will get a good one...yes the SLOSH are good..I have had a Shimano 10 or 15 and they do work,they don't give up at the mo I have a old Shimano Beastmaster for down tide and a Shimano 25tld for wrecking and I think I can say that I can't see them giving up for a few years yet (as long as you wash off and grease up)..there's so many nice/good reels out there at the mo...I would say go to a big store and look,there are some nice offers in the mags at the mo on combi kits...hope this helps.

I'm looking for a boat reel with level-wind suitable for 20-30lb downtiding around £100-00 mark. Prefer Lever Drag, but not too fussy. At the moment I'm considering Penn 320LD / 225LD, Shimanl TLD15 or Daiwa SL 350. Any thoughts or recommendations gratefully received - trouble is it's hard to 'try before you buy'!

:clap2: Shop around and go for the Daiwa SL30SH. Even better if you can get it at the right price, the Daiwa SLX30HV, superb reel, great for uptiding too. I've got the SLX20HV and it's great for medium shore fishing too, a great all rounder.

Monarch2006.jpg

http://www.sharnbrooktackle.com/acatalog/O...g_Reels_55.html

There's a Policansky Monitor on EBAY at the moment!

The monitor that I've got has 6:1 retrieve rate. Super over rocky shorelines.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

The SLOSH is by far the best bang for the buck reel you can buy at the moment. The 30 is simply a wider version of the 20. I use a 30, it has 300yds of 50lb braid on it on top of 2/3 of a spoolfull of backing. Fast retrieve, lovely smooth drag with little startup inertia, and not much metal to rot (watch for the handle screw though). I use mine for drift wrecking and banking.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com