Memory Chart Pro

SpeciMan

I downloaded a free trial copy ofChart Navigator Pro. Memory Map offers a trial version it comes with sample marine charts. They cover the central southern coastline of the UK, mainly the Solent, Isle of Wight and Christchurch Bay areas :clap2: . Each sample chart demonstrates a different scale and level of detail.

Should be useful for a number of us. Similar to Google Earth, dragging the mouse over a place on the chart will give the coordinates in the lower part of the window which you can use to put into a GPS if required.

It's featured on this page and can be downloaded direct here.

Once installed you can view which sample maps are included and activate/deactivate them by clicking on Tools->Chart Portfolio from the top menu. To get started zoom in over the Solent area.

Edited by SpeciMan
Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Thanks Speciman--another useful link :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi Speciman

I have downloaded from the first link you provided but the only chart available is a map of the world.

I have looked at tools and I dont appear to have the Chart Portfolio tab in the menu.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide

BLOBBY

Hi Blobby

I have put the wrong link up.

Probably best if you uninstall the software you have downloaded and then download and install this one. It's listed on a different site and is a diifferent version to the one you downloaded despite being made by MapTech. Perhaps they tailor made it for Memory Map.

Anyway, it's featured on this page and can be downloaded direct here.

Sorry about the mix up, it's worth trying again though ;)

I will edit my original post.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Thanks

as I got the same flipping world map :(

works all right now :)

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Hi Blobby

Probably best if you uninstall the software you have downloaded and then download and install this one. It's listed on a different site and is a diifferent version to the one you downloaded despite being made by MapTech. Perhaps they tailor made it for Memory Map.

:wallbash::wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hi Blobby

Got it now and how handy is that

great link cheers

BLOBBY

Hi Blobby

Great arn't they? I have offshore navigator full version with all maps, that I use for work, can take Lat / Long coords and they match very well on the gps :yeah: Have it at home also now, I er, needed to err, use it for errr overtime at home :lol:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

• 3 weeks later...

If you buy a chart pack it comes with a free 'lite' version of that software - enough features on there to at least view charts and take the coordinates. After finding a way of extending battery life and waterproofing the device I'll be going the pocketpc route for a chart plotter - will buy their £50 map pack for the central southern coast in due course. Unfortunately for other areas their chart packs start at £99 although they do cover a greater area.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow