Filters for My Camera ?

John E Ashford

I’ve got a Kodak P880 and I’m looking at getting myself some of those Lens Filters, but ?

Reading through various articles, they seem to come in varying sizes. What my main concern is the lens seem to have different thread sizes to fit onto their appropriate main lens, ie 50mm 55mm and so on.

My digital camera has what looks like a bayonet fitting, on the outer end of the lens.

(See at photo)

Here I can fit the Flower Lens Hood with a quick twist.

Question:-

Firstly, do I need to buy a Conversion Lens Adaptor, the correct size for my camera, before I can correctly know the threaded size of the Lens Filters.

Or

Do they do, Lens Filters with the bayonet action.

Cameraview.jpg

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

John,

Check just inside of the lip at the extreme left of the photo above, there should be something that resembles a thread, it may nly be one or two rings, but thats where a filter would screw in.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I don't know a lot about this but I'd have thought that almost anything you can achieve with a physical filter can be achieved by digital post processing. Maybe you will end up spending your money on the wrong thing!

A polaroid filter will remove the reflection from the top of the water and allow you to photograph the fish beneath the surface.

If you take the same picture without a polaroid filter, you capture the glare and not what's beneath, so you would need to photoshop some images of fish from another photo to put them there!

A polaroid filter is also great for capturing details of white fluffy clouds :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I'm feeling excited about experimenting, using different lens filters.

Polaroid filter will remove the reflection from the top of the water, that's on my wish list + any others I can get my hands on. :sun:

Having the tools, even though I do mess about with Photoshop, filters will add much more to what could be achieved.

I've really got the bug now, :) and experimenting with digital pictures using the computer, makes allsorts possible.

If anyone out there needs to clear out their darkroom/cupboards, there’s a good home here, for any 55mm lens filters.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

I don't know a lot about this but I'd have thought that almost anything you can achieve with a physical filter can be achieved by digital post processing. Maybe you will end up spending your money on the wrong thing!

Not true......apart from grads, there are polarizers (as mentioned), and ND's that cant be recreated.

Traditional photographic techniques still live on in this digital age!!

:clap2:

Not true......apart from grads, there are polarizers (as mentioned), and ND's that cant be recreated.

Traditional photographic techniques still live on in this digital age!!

:clap2:

CPL n UV just for a start.

I've also got a set of Macro Lens on the way.

The Close-up Lens Set is for taking pictures of flowers, small collectibles, coins and stamps, insects, small creatures, or anything small that requires up-close detail. Each close up lens maintains resolution and picture clarity while magnifying image size. The set includes four lenses: +1, +2, +4 and +10 Macro. They can also be stacked to create +3, +5, +6, +7 and so on, power and they come in a fold-out case. Use the lenses individually or in any combination.

So Camera, Computer, Photoshop n Filters are going to give me a wide scope to play with, in my new hobby of Photography.

Putting these things together are not going to make me a great photographer, but the fun experimenting is exciting.

With digital photography the end product is instant, no waiting for the Chemist to return the unknown results.

I may in the future post some bad photos on here, but thanks to you all, you've giving me a spark and direction in to something I find very interesting.

Watch out David Bailey & Steve Randles. B)

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif