Your Worst Job(s)

Guest Rabbit

Heard this one on radio 5 this morning. Got me thinking about some of the jobs I have done, (and there have been many) But these are probably the worst

Worked for the MAFF in a bacon factory checking for 'in growing testacles' and other such things in slaughtered bacon pigs.

Night shifts in Ryvita, loading the 'bread' from huge ovens onto trolleys.'' Dantes Inferno'', one fellow employee died near to me, the shift had to carry on.

Salesman for The Green Shield Stamp Re Launch. Went off like a damp squib, good for the 60's not for the 90's.

Offered a job in Bournemouth (Tandy) aka Radio Shack, and accepted, only to find that on the first stock take the previous store manager had run off with half the stock The area manager fearing for his own job 'framed' me. Spent a night in the cells before proving my innocence.

Courier, London is a nightmare unless you have done the 'knowledge'. Having to go all the way to Glasgow from Cirencester off load which took 10 minutes and drive all the way back non stop :blink:

Just a few, what about you?

Edited by Rabbit

I worked one Summer in a dried fruit processing 'factory' which, rather scarily, supplied raisins and the like to some big name breakfast cereal companies.

The place was disgusting - I mean, really filthy. It was also full of wasps, which I run a mile from. There was a skip outside full of throwaway dried fruit, which was covered in them. The owner thought it would be a good idea to put a loose cover on it and throw in a greenhouse 'smoke grenade' insect killer!

The only good bit about the whole experience was when I knocked the staffroom down with a forklift :D

Oh - just remembered another. Spent one whole day temping in a factory that made boxes for board games. Never again.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

relining the **** pit at Procter and gambles, also shuttering Yanwath railway bridge in the lakes during Winter horizontal snow and only 2 hours sleep in 3days ,well fed and paid but never again

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Guest Ferret1959

Making the toffee for toffee apples.

Very hard work and you got burned just looking at the boiling sugar.

Worked for STWA, that was a sh1t job. :D

Best job was life guard at my local swimming pool.

Bathing beautys every day. :D :D

Elton, you forgot to mention your work packing in the fudge factory.

What was you job title????? ;)

OI OI,

rabbit just reminded me of a van drivers job i had when i lived in telford shropshire i used to deliver all sorts of enginering tool's ect, i did local, b/ham, & wales,

one day in my ignorant days our boss said i got a special job for you to-morrow would you POP UP tp peterhead in scotland i was up for it cos it was something different so on my transit they put a pallet of drill's not much you might think but these were destind for the oil rig's (one pallet) i was told to set of early about 05-00 which i did all the way there & back over 1,000 miles same as rabbit got there off loaded bloke shut the roller door 2min on my way back home 02-30 got home because at sterling i put 40ltrs of petrol in my deisel van & had to wait for the R.A.C to come & drain it all off down the drain in the lorry park i said what if someone throws a tab in the drain, his answer was there will be a loud bang but as he was about 6ft-8in big ginger beard built like a brick s***house i just said FAIR ENOUGH & left after i put some deisel in the van my head was totaly cabbaged when i did get home.

:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Hi all

well ive not had half the dodgy jobs listed but woring for 1pound hr for a livery was bad enough

not rewarding and on winters mornings it sucked and wasnt worth the bother,plus getting kicked at and bitten

was a good rider and could have been a jockey but didnt care for the naggs that much.

oh and working in a nuematic device contruction warehouse (the things that open bus doors and stuff)(vanes etc)using nasty glues which was very bad health wise.

steve

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg